News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Thurman

At some clubs, yes. Most will just politely notify the offender that push carts are not allowed, and that he must carry his bag/take a caddie/jump in a cart/whatever policy allows. That's sufficient. Golfers in the US are nothing if not dignified. Honestly, I've been a member of three clubs in the US, none of which allowed push carts, and I've never seen the rule broken at any of them. What do clubs in Australia do to enforce their club policies?

"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

A.G._Crockett

Do Americans use battery powered trolleys?  I don't think I've ever seen one over here, but you see them all the time in Scotland.

The motorized trolleys are around in the US, but they are few and far between compared to the UK.  The only explanation I've been able to come up with is that they are much more expensive here, and I have no idea why that is the case. 
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Criss Titschinger

Do Americans use battery powered trolleys?  I don't think I've ever seen one over here, but you see them all the time in Scotland.

There's a veritable fleet at my club. Individual member owned, stored in the cart barn. Most remote controlled.

Bill Crane

Please add Springdale Golf Club, Princeton,NJ to the list.

Trolleys are available and used nearly all the time, only certain tournaments where there is concern about pace of play to start shotguns does your bag get put on cart .

With our compact footprint and rolling but modest terrain we still have a true walking culture with approximately 70% of the rounds on Trolleys or carrying.   A fair amount of members do have motorized Trolley's that they store at the club.

In the 1980s when our caddy program began to wane, most members just started walking vs riding a cart.

Bill

Carl Nichols

Bald Peak Colony Club

Greg Clark

TX - Gentle Creek CC

Chris Cole

Pine Tree CC, Birmingham, AL

Jim Sherma

Hershey CC allows pull-carts for members but hotel guests must take carts.

Garland Bayley

I'm confused by the term "allow". What authority or justification would any club have for banning them - they are a fundamental part of the game.

I've been an avid golfer for over 30 years and have never used one. That would suggest they are not fundamental.

Wait a few years until your back starts complaining. ;D

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

Rivermont GC

Rivermont? Never heard of it. ;D

It is convenient for the policy to be in effect if you own the place. :)

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Garland Bayley

As Bill wrote, they are ubiquitous in the PNW.
Perhaps the entries should read

Oregon
  All except:

Washington
  All except:

Gotta wonder when Nike is going to produce a push cart. :)

Greg Holland

North Carolina - Greensboro CC - Farm Course has club provided push carts for a charge (less than cart fee)

Bruce Bearer

Santa Ana Country Club in Orange County, CA.

BCowan

I just updated yesterday.  Please PM me or post names. I want as many courses as possible

jim_lewis

Forest Creek Golf Club offers club-owned pull carts for rent.
"Crusty"  Jim
Freelance Curmudgeon

Joe_Tucholski

NCR in Ohio has push carts to rent and members are permitted to bring their own.

Dan Herrmann

PA.  French Creek GC
OR. Riverside CC

All USGA amateur events.   
All NCAA events. 

Edward Moody

Austin Golf Club

BCowan

The list of Illinoic courses is nowhere near accurate. Not even close.  If you're going to count Orchard Lake as allowing push carts when caddies aren't present, you should literally add almost every private course around Chicago because that's the policy at almost all of them.  Exmoor has a bunch of them and folks take them all the time at times when caddies aren't around, late in the day, etc.

Shivas,

Are there any Chicago clubs that do NOT allow trolleys on them?  Has the allowance of Trolley's been more or less in the last 5 years?  Has any trolley rounds taken away from Caddy rounds as in member waiting till later in the day to avoid a caddy? 

Rest,

I'll note next to clubs that have caddie programs too. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:45:18 PM by Ben Cowan (Michigan) »

Bill Crane

Earlier this month I played across town at BEDENS BROOK C C  { Belle Meade, NJ / Princeton area }  and they definitely have trolleys for member use.

They may require caddies at prime times, I am not certain of that.

Bill

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back