News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Keith OHalloran

Re: The wisdom of a spouse who doesn't play golf...
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »
Terry,
Did the guy get thrown out because he got an official hole in one flag only to be outed later?

Terry Lavin

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 09:11:40 PM »
Terry,
Did the guy get thrown out because he got an official hole in one flag only to be outed later?

KOH:

Nope. He got kicked out the next day for lying to the pro staff. He had a bit of a rap sheet, as I recall, but this offense calls for a mandatory club death sentence, IMHO.

Judgment affirmed.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »
My wife walked with me while I played the Dunes Club. On the par-3 sixth hole, I dumped one in the woods left of the green. I re-teed and knocked it in the hole. She was a little confused and inquired, "that's good, right?"

My wife started playing about 25 years ago and is a keen player today, but knew bupkis about golf when we were first married.  We went on a weekend trip with three other couples, combo camping and golf, south of San Francisco.  The first day the ladies went off to spend money, the next day they walked the course at Aptos with us.  On the ninth hole I hit a super drive and then shanked my wedge OB.   "Why'd you hit it over there?" she asked.  Luckily for her I did not employ the wedge in response.   It was a completely innocent remark on her part.

BIll that's fooking hilarious.  I can just imagine the simple and naïve look on her face to perfectly compliment the tortured and bewildered one on yours!!  ;D

Charles Lund

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2016, 12:50:02 AM »
As a lifelong bachelor and avid golf traveler, I respect the wisdom of the women who cut me loose before they became my spouses.

Charles Lund

Ben Malach

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
It was really fun to talk golf with a majority of the staff at Cabot who had limited exposure to the game before it came to the town. Some of their insights in to how thing looked was really cool and changed some of my opinions on what is cool or not.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2016, 09:24:33 PM »
As a lifelong bachelor and avid golf traveler, I respect the wisdom of the women who cut me loose before they became my spouses.

Charles Lund

My wife started playing after 20 years of marriage because she knew it was that or not see much of me.   We played 18 today as a twosome and had a great time. 

Charles Lund

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2016, 12:20:18 AM »
I have seen lots of couples who really enjoy their time together playing golf.  I am happy for them, just like I am for any couple happily married.   

Charles Lund

Keith Grande

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2016, 09:54:13 AM »
My wife, a soccer player, has no interest in playing golf.  When we were newly married, I would ask her to take up the game.  Now I'm glad she never wanted to learn how to play.   ;D

Bob Montle

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2016, 03:25:28 PM »
My ex was never interested in golfing, although she watched tournaments on the tube and in person with me.

I was jealous of the couples that golfed together.

My fiancé is a golf addict but it's not as wonderful as I had imagined.
She plays 18 holes on Friday, 27 on Saturday and 27 on Sunday EVERY WEEK YEAR ROUND (weather permitting), in addition to occasional nines during the week.   

With or without me.

And she beats me.
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Daniel Jones

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
After walking along with me at Great Dunes on Jekyll Island a few weeks back, my wife decided she wanted to give this golf thing another try. Plus I spent the last 18 months writing a book on the history of my home course and she wanted to see it first-hand. We arrived to the 14th hole, a par-3 that's all carry over a small pond. She took one look at it, declared it a "stupid hole" and proceeded to card a 5 by playing around the pond.

I have never been more proud.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2016, 11:13:46 PM »
My ex was never interested in golfing, although she watched tournaments on the tube and in person with me.

I was jealous of the couples that golfed together.

My fiancé is a golf addict but it's not as wonderful as I had imagined.
She plays 18 holes on Friday, 27 on Saturday and 27 on Sunday EVERY WEEK YEAR ROUND (weather permitting), in addition to occasional nines during the week.   

With or without me.

And she beats me.

Good for you. She sounds 10 yrs younger. Me, I go to sleep with Selena Gomez and wake up next to George Lopez. Marriage...you got to love it.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 12:15:57 AM »
Its all good John, we don't judge....its not 0s and 1s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_sexuality_spectrum

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back