News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V. Kmetz

Meant America, not international...

...does that change if it's one publication (Golf Digest) rather than another (Golf, Links, etc)?

...Is it Tom Fazio? Pete Dye? Doak? C/C?

Has anyone made a count?

cheers
vk
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:46:25 PM by V. Kmetz »
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Tom_Doak

The numbers change every year or two, so it's hard to stay current.

I would guess Tom Fazio still has the most courses in the GOLF DIGEST list, and certainly the GOLFWEEK modern list, if you are looking at the top 100 or top 200.  If you're looking at the top 20 it's a different story.

Almost half of my best work is in Australia and New Zealand, so I do better on the international lists.  I've only built 25 courses in the U.S.A., and I think Tom Fazio has that many courses in the GOLFWEEK top 100!

John Kavanaugh

You could ask which architect has the most private courses that comps raters and get the same answer.

Ned Parrish

I don't believe that Fazio has any courses on the most recent Golf Magazine world top 100 list. 

Tim_Weiman

I don't believe that Fazio has any courses on the most recent Golf Magazine world top 100 list.

Didn't see any originals, but Fazio gets mentioned for his work at Waterville.

Overall, I couldn't help but marvel at the Golf Magazine list. Just a wonderful collection of courses, almost all, if not all, with their own character.
Tim Weiman

Greg Gilson

Viktor , by "America" I guess you mean "USA"? and, if so, why?

The great, working (living) archies ply their trade worldwide. Some (many? most?) of the great modern courses are outside the USA. Unless you have a specific reason to limit your enquiry to the USA, I reckon its a much more interesting question if you look at the global situation.

V. Kmetz

Hello,

thanks to all for replies... I was just looking for a statement of fact.... I make or insinuate no evaluation criteria by the worth of such lists, which I readily agree is a deeper question.

eg... of the living/working architects...
Dye has this many...
Fazio has this many...
Doak has this many...

just the recent data...

cheers
vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

John Kavanaugh

V,

While there are few things more charming than a caddie who asks for a number rather than counting himself, this site should provide you all the answers you need: http://www.planetgolf.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back