News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BCowan

Re: Donald J. Ross vs. the 2nd at Kingsley Club
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2016, 05:22:34 PM »
Jack,

KC is 140 from the members tees.  I petitioned Mr Bogey to change it to the tips.  Franklin is 175 from the tips. 

Eric Smith (Tennessee), I need to amend that to 162. 

Eric Smith

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »
Jack,

KC is 140 from the members tees.  I petitioned Mr Bogey to change it to the tips.  Franklin is 175 from the tips. 

Eric Smith (Tennessee), I need to amend that to 162.

Thanks for clarifying. For the record, I scored a 7 on this hole in my only play at the Kingsley Club. It really is a daunting little shit not unlike the short 17th at Sand Hills. Both are very memorable golf holes (obviously).

Sean_A

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2016, 09:03:57 PM »
I don't think of 3s as the strong suit for Ross..for me 4s are his forte.  That said, LuLu's 4th is an outstanding volcano hole...so is Roaring Gap's 6th. 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Ryan Taylor

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
Thanks Taylor for proving my point, #11 requires shot making 75% swing allowing the ball to release. That's something you seldom find.  So now if one missing long at 11 they have a right to get up and down?  That is BS pro golfer talking points arguing fairness.  Flop shots are boring and redundent.  9 is the weakest par 3 at KC. The greens should not run over 10.

KC #9 with a back right pin requires plenty of shot making and complex decision making. The hole also rates very high on the fun factor.  The green is exposed and the wind is a constant factor which creates uncertainty and need for creativity.  Options abound from behind 9 - flop, pitch, bump and run, putt, etc. I enjoy all the 3's at KC. I believe it's the strength of the golf course. What a great place and mainly the reason I have it ranked as #2 in the state!
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

BCowan

Re: Donald J. Ross vs. the 2nd at Kingsley Club New
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2016, 05:00:42 PM »
KC #9 with a back right pin requires plenty of shot making and complex decision making. The hole also rates very high on the fun factor.  The green is exposed and the wind is a constant factor which creates uncertainty and need for creativity.  Options abound from behind 9 - flop, pitch, bump and run, putt, etc. I enjoy all the 3's at KC. I believe it's the strength of the golf course. What a great place and mainly the reason I have it ranked as #2 in the state!

Taylor,

You need to apply for a membership and get it over with  ;D .  I think the 9th is an example of shitty quirk, but that opinion stems from the other tee.  The par 3's are the strength at KC, but they aren't anyway near as good as Franklin Hills and Orchard Lake as a set.  I think I have the course around 6 or 7 in the State.  Back to the original thread of #2 Kingsley vs DR par 3's.  Waiting to hear from Mr Bogey.     

On second thought I have to give the club another point for enforcing a NO Hat policy in the clubhouse.  Something very important to a traditionalist like myself.   

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:03:32 PM by Ben Cowan (Michigan) »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back