News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Thurman

Inspired by the Point/Counterpoint thread currently at the top of the forum, it's time for another edition of Fix the Hole, Baby.

16 at Augusta. We all know the hole. Many appear to dislike the hole. What would you do to fix it?

Volume 1 of FTHB: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,62291.msg1480698.html#msg1480698
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

BCrosby

A related question, would restoring the hole to the MacK original be an improvement?

Bob

Mike Hendren

Admittedly this hole looks awkward on the tube.    It doesn't need fixing, however as it offers tremendous elasticity from the front right hole location to the back left.  Think about the number of crucial and spectacular shots that have played there in championship history. 

Why, it's almost as good as the 2nd at Kingsley Club!

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Nigel Islam

Dye liked it so much he templated it for his 13th hole at TPC Sawgrass.

Carl Rogers

Dye liked it so much he templated it for his 13th hole at TPC Sawgrass.
and JN ripped it off for the 16th at MV
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Alex Miller

A related question, would restoring the hole to the MacK original be an improvement?

Bob

I would imagine not, if only because there are already two left to right oriented approaches over water just a couple holes earlier (12&13).

I don't think 16 is broken, but what I think would be neat is if the leftside bunker protruded into the green further. The back left portion of the green could be expanded a little and the water could wrap around on the left a touch more. Think of elements of Kingsley #9 but with more of a concave back stop.

This would encourage players to play low runners which could bank around the backstop to back left hole locations rather than carry the water. It would also penalize players more for missing left/right on various hole locations due to water, sand, and putts around the bunker being in play.

-some dude who's never been to Kingsley or ANGC (but watched plenty of Masters)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back