News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: Low key clubhouse or modular Cost
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 08:06:00 PM »
Cmon Bill...don't try to derail this thread with a logical piece of advice.

Sorry, back to Fantasy Island!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 08:08:50 PM »
You'd probably be better off asking your local modular building supplier over this discussion group...just a thought.

Why thank you Greg for such a wonder idea. 

I do remind every client there is a big difference between the golf course construction budget (which some architects talk about) and the total cost including grow-in, maintenance building, equipment, architects fees, etc.

The above was just brought up the other day.  Hopefully some with experience will chime in..

This is possibly the snarkiest response to a serious response I've seen on GCA.com.  You really ought to think before you hit "Post."

BCowan

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »
You'd probably be better off asking your local modular building supplier over this discussion group...just a thought.

I do remind every client there is a big difference between the golf course construction budget (which some architects talk about) and the total cost including grow-in, maintenance building, equipment, architects fees, etc.

The above was just brought up the other day.  Hopefully some with experience will chime in..

This is possibly the snarkiest response to a serious response I've seen on GCA.com.  You really ought to think before you hit "Post."

Bill,

You might want to read this entire thread and think before you post.  Greg has thread jacked this thread twice. You are both douches
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:16:00 PM by Ben Cowan (Michigan) »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »

Bill,

You might want to read this entire thread and think before you post.  Greg has thread jacked this thread twice. Your both douches

Your response says a great deal about your character. 

BCowan

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »
This one might be the ultimate in mobility and affordability.    ;D

Mike,

Thank you. By far and away photo of the year. 

JJShanley

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:48 PM »
Dundonald in the west of Scotland has a portacabin style Clubhouse, which found very inviting and relaxing after my round there in 2015.  I only need warm showers, comfortable seating, a bar, and decent food.  It provided all four.

Don't forget a good drying room, essential in Scotland!

We didn't need it that day.  Sunshine, no wind: I thought about asking for a refund.

BCowan

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2016, 08:19:05 PM »

Bill,

You might want to read this entire thread and think before you post.  Greg has thread jacked this thread twice. Your both douches

Bill,

My character is very sound. I took the high road prior to Greg derailing of this thread. I won't sit back and have u praise him.

This thread was a fun exercise and one in critical thinking which some have come up short. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:21:39 PM by Ben Cowan (Michigan) »

BCowan

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2016, 08:23:40 PM »
The Dunes Club in Michigan has the smallest clubhouse I can think of.

Many courses operate out of temporary facilities for a while.  Pacific Dunes operated for six years out of a double-wide trailer, and that was fine, since they had better facilities elsewhere.  [I think Mr. Keiser only built the clubhouse there out of guilt.]  St. Andrews Beach is still operating out of a makeshift pro shop with a covered porch, which would be plenty if only it had a view of the course.

Tom and Ryan,

Thanks for the info. Good stuff

Bill_McBride

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »

Bill,

Bill,

My character is very sound. I took the high road prior to Greg derailing of this thread. I won't sit back and have u praise him.

This thread was a fun exercise and one in critical thinking which some have come up short.

Read the thread again, Greg didn't "derail" this thread.  You asked for serious replies and didn't like them when you got them.  You seem to think the only only correct answers are your answers, but that's not always the case. 

BCowan

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2016, 08:32:07 PM »

Bill,

What do you call this?  Use ur brain.  We talk about bunker construction cost, drainage, ect.  Clubhouse is no different.  Greg post wasn't a suggestion or addition to the thread it was counter productive and negative energy. The whole point of this thread was for educational purposes and to have fun. Of course that went over your head. Greg was being a prick and you didn't get it. 

Bill_McBride

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2016, 08:33:50 PM »

Bill,

What do you call this?  Use ur brain.  We talk about bunker construction cost, drainage, ect.  Clubhouse is no different.  Greg post wasn't a suggestion or addition to the thread it was counter productive and negative energy. The whole point of this thread was for educational purposes and to have fun. Of course that went over your head. Greg and yourself didn't get it.

Ben, you asked what a clubhouse would cost.  We tried to answer.  Sorry. 

BCowan

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 08:37:44 PM »
Bill,

Greg didn't answer he was being a prick.  Your answer was fine earlier but then you have to praise the prick.  If someone asked about maint cost, people on here wouldn't say call an architect or construction company. Do you get it now?  This thread was to foster discussion and education
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:11:39 PM by Ben Cowan (Michigan) »

BCowan

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 08:41:31 PM »
The 2 good 9 holers in TN (Sewanee and Sweetens Cove) have micro-clubhouses. Sewanee is a legit trailer and Sweetens is a wood building and even smaller than Sewanee. Does the low ket clubhouse require a bathroom, bar, and the ability to hold more than 8 people at a time?

Jaeger,

I've been to sweetens, I was looking more for bathrooms, small kitchen, and small bar if possible.  Hence why I used dormie as example

Bill_McBride

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 09:03:02 PM »
Bill,

Greg didn't answer he was being a prick.  Your answer was fine earlier but then you have to praise the prick.  If someone asked about maint cost, people on here wouldn't say call an architect or construction company. Do you get it know?  This thread was to foster discussion and education not be a negative prick like greg

My final thought is that you should think before you post, you are interacting with adults here. 

BCowan

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 09:11:41 PM »
Bill,

You try so hard to fit in its sad. You will get to sit at the cool table one day Tiger. Hang in there and memorize those 3 by 5 cards

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 09:37:24 PM »
Now would be a good time for that Karma "button" on the left to work.

BCowan

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 09:38:55 PM »
Now would be a good time for that Karma "button" on the left to work.
+1

It would be great if people didn't thread jack others threads

Greg Chambers

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 10:13:44 PM »
Hey Ben...enough with the calling me a prick and a douche...it's a stupid fuckin thread.....but I expect nothing less from somebody that rarely even produces coherent thoughts.
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

BCowan

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 10:18:12 PM »
Hey Greg, I call a spade a spade. If u don't like the thread don't post on it, u got it?  Many people posted on it and made nice contributions. What do u contribute to the site? My post(s) are very clear, I can't help it you can't comprehend. 

Greg Chambers

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 10:21:59 PM »
So now you're telling me where I can and can't post.  That's beautiful.  Here's a newsflash...your posts are rarely very clear. 
"It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.”

BCowan

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 10:26:37 PM »
I'm not telling you. Ran clearly stated a year ago, if you don't like a thread and have nothing worthwhile to add, go to another.  Is that clear enough for you?  You are basically insulting the others that posted on here and have enjoyed this thread by insinuating the thread wasn't clear.  I can't help the teacher didn't call on you when ur hand was raised.  Please point to something I have posted that was NOT clear and I'll help you connect the dots!

Eric Smith

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2016, 11:04:58 PM »
This is effing embarrassing. Ben you lost the plot calling Bill McBride a douche. He's one of the best we have and I'm certain you'd feel the same if you knew him. I just don't get the way you go on the attack in these threads. Stay on point and you'll find what you're looking for. Sorry to waste everyone's time with this post. Cheers

BCowan

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2016, 11:12:43 PM »
This is effing embarrassing. Ben you lost the plot calling Bill McBride a douche. He's one of the best we have and I'm certain you'd feel the same if you knew him. I just don't get the way you go on the attack in these threads. Stay on point and you'll find what you're looking for. Sorry to waste everyone's time with this post. Cheers

Eric,

We have played golf together. Have u Re read this thread?  I go on the attack when I'm attacked. Bill is far from the best we have, due to him having differences with me on other matters he has decided to troll me.  I overlooked the first thread jack, but that's my limit.  You did waste everyone's time because you didn't read the thread. 

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2016, 03:45:27 AM »
Wow, what happened to this thread? Back to topic Ben my clubhouse building is basically a 10' x 10' waiting/lobby area where all the info is plus toilet facilities. We have a drying room but this is mainly guesthouse people. Whole thing cost £2K-£3K and is fine for a basic 9 hole pay & play with 10-15 players on an average day.

Jon

Jamie Pyper

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »

Back to the thread...
While I haven't been to the Dunes clubhouse in Michigan, my vote for the best low key clubhouse would have to be another Dunes - Machrihanish. As someone who is in the design-build business, I was impressed with the small scale functionality of the tiny space, probably no more than 900 sq,ft. in total. The pro shop component was no more than a small corner alongside four quaint tables. A one man operation, the gent who checked us in was there to greet us with hot soup and fresh sandwiches at the turn, no other menu choices. After the round the only thing warmer than the cozy wood burning fireplace was sipping the 12 year old Balvenie. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back