News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Kelly

Re: Midwest Mashie 2016 - Wolf Run Golf Club - Indianapolis Sept 23-25
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2016, 11:20:14 AM »
Jason --

In for the lot (albeit tentatively, if that's OK; if not, put me on a waiting list).

Thanks.

Dan
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Joe Lynch

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 09:48:34 AM »
Please add me to the list for the lodge and golf.  Thanks for putting this together Jason, should be a blast.   

Joe Lynch

Jason Thurman

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »
Just a heads-up that the lodge is currently full based on RSVPs (Dan, I put you on the waitlist as Joe had sent me an e-mail prior to his reply). There's a chance we'll have a few guys drop out though, so please continue to indicate interest if you'd like to be placed on the waitlist.

We also still have plenty of room in the field. There are plenty of nearby hotels just a short Uber ride away, so no one should be dissuaded from attending the event even if they can't get a room in the lodge. Nothing would make me happier than to request room for more than 28 players from the club, so please continue to send in RSVPs.

"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Steve Burrows

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 03:48:58 PM »
I was hoping that I would be finally be able to attend a Mashie this year, particularly one "back home again in Indiana," but alas it's not in the cards.  I had already planned a golf weekend with some friends around that time and it is pretty clear that "management" (my wife) is not going to give me clearance to disappear on two consecutive weekends.  Have fun!
...to admit my mistakes most frankly, or to say simply what I believe to be necessary for the defense of what I have written, without introducing the explanation of any new matter so as to avoid engaging myself in endless discussion from one topic to another.     
               -Rene Descartes

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 11:49:43 PM »
Jason
Sounds like a great event,I am in..dinner all golf and please on the wait list for the lodge.
Cheers mate

Matthew Sander

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 12:00:02 AM »
Jason,

I'll gladly remove my name from the lodging list in order to accommodate someone in more need of the convenience. My brother lives in Fishers and I'm sure he'll at least allow me to sleep in his driveway in my car. I'm not holding out for much more hospitality than that since we will most likely be on opposing sides. Blood only runs so deep...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:39:26 AM by Matthew Sander »

Adam Warren

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2016, 09:37:08 PM »
Pretty excited about this. Especially if I can get a couple of you to drop out of staying onsite. Haha.  If not, I would be open to splitting a room with someone offsite.

This will be my first mashie and I look forward to meeting those of you I haven't already met and seeing some old faces again. 

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2016, 10:33:55 PM »
Jason
Sounds like a great event,I am in..dinner all golf and please on the wait list for the lodge.
Cheers mate

Hope I get to see you again, my friend!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Josh Tarble

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 08:57:47 AM »
For those looking for hotels, search in Zionsville, IN unless you want to specifically stay downtown.  There's a decent Holiday Inn Express off Michigan Rd./421 that's probably less than 10 minutes from the course. 

Downtown has several nice options but note those will be ~30 minutes from the course.

If you want something unique there is the new Broad Ripple Hotel right in the heart of Broad Ripple.  It is very cool but probably ~40 minutes from the course.  If you're staying additional days/playing other places you should look into it.  A very cool little hotel.

Adam Warren

Did anything get established for Friday golf?

Josh Tarble

Adam,

I know Jason has one round set for sure.  The second round is a very distinct possibility, we're just waiting until after May to confirm...if that gives you a hint  ;)

Brian Bowman

Jason please tentatively add me to the list.

Jason Thurman

Yes, we will have at least 18 holes planned for Friday. We're working on a 36-hole option for those interested as well.

Also, in light of some of the discussion in recent days about Wolf Run's status, I want to simply mention that the club is open for the 2016 season and will proceed with business as usual. The Midwest Mashie will happen as planned, and a visit last week saw the course in fantastic shape with several rebuilt bunkers and resodded fairways in a few flood-damaged spots that have been completed in the last month. Like all courses in the current golf economy, the long-term future of the course is somewhat unpredictable. I encourage anyone who is on the fence about this year's Mashie to jump on this opportunity to see a perennial Top 100 Modern course at the peak of its form.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:22:07 PM by Jason Thurman »
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Frank Sekulic

If there are still spots available, I would love to play

Paul Stockert

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »
I would love to play if there is a spot.  I can join for all the golf (including Friday) but will probably miss Sunday afternoon.  No lodging.  Tentative on Friday dinner if that's OK?   Thanks!  - PJ
~ PJ

“Golf... is the infallible test. The man who can go into a patch of rough alone, with the knowledge that only God is watching him, and play his ball where it lies, is the man who will serve you faithfully and well.”
― P.G. Wodehouse

Brian Bowman

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »
St. Elmo's was closed sadly, but what a golf course, absolutely stunning, and I caught it firm and fast.  Holes 13-15 may be the toughest stretch of golf I have played anywhere., but the course is fair if your driver is on! everyone should jump to this opportunity if you're on the fence. Doug, the head pro, is a fantastic guy, and I hope I can swing this event! Pics coming in the indianapolis thread

Jason Thurman

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2016, 10:04:35 PM »
A few updates made to the registration list. More news to come later in the week.

JWinick

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 06:04:50 AM »
Is there room?

Tim Martin

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2016, 08:18:20 AM »
Is there room?

Please report back on the travel. ;)

Jason Thurman

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2016, 09:15:58 AM »
The lodge is currently full, but we have four spots left in the field.

Josh Tarble

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2016, 09:37:25 AM »
For those still looking for lodging...here is an AirBnB nearly across the street from Wolf Run.  I don't know anything about it other than the fact that it's less than a minute from the course

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7611722?checkin=09%2F22%2F2016&checkout=09%2F25%2F2016&guests=4&s=al-3E2rk

JWinick

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »

Am I in?

Well, I mean, Scott should definitely come too.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »
JW, I have you in for golf. Let me know if you'd like a lodge room and I can add you to the waiting list. In the meantime, the waitlist for lodging is currently clear and everyone who has expressed interest in a bed will have one.

A few other important notes:

* Tee times for Friday have been reserved at Broadmoor Country Club for anyone interested. Broadmoor is Indianapolis' only Ross course, and the course notably served as host to the 2012 Midwest Mashie. It is by many accounts Ross' most heavily-bunkered inland design and, for my money, it has one of the five best sets of greens I've ever played. If you haven't seen it before, I'd make it a priority.

We have two waves of tee times for Broadmoor on Sept 23, one starting at 11 and another starting at 2:45 to accommodate anyone looking to play 36 that day. Cost will be $65 (carts are extra). Altogether, we have room for 24 players. If you're interested, please reply in this thread or via PM and let me know which wave you'd like to play in. While this is the only additional golf that I'll be actively setting up for the group, anyone looking to play 36 on Friday or looking to set up more rounds during the course of the week is likely to find plenty of interest if you offer a reply in this thread.

* For Friday's dinner at St. Elmo - if you haven't RSVP'd, please do so soon. I'd like to have an accurate headcount so that I can determine whether we have enough interest to warrant a private dining room. If we do a private room, we'll have a minimum charge of roughly $100 per person. I could also make a handful of smaller reservations or see if we could get a group table in the main dining area.

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2016, 07:50:20 PM »
I'm going to try to arrange a game that Friday morning and do the later Broadmoor time. I'm certainly open for the company in the morning, depending on what I can arrange and where.

I am still planing on playing 18 on that Thursday. Whether that's in Ohio (Cincy/Dayton) or Indianapolis is still undetermined.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2016, 09:01:23 PM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say both Chris Sturges and I (since we'll be travelling together) are in for the 2:45pm tee time at the Broadmoor as we too will be looking for a morning tee time around Indy somewhere.

Not sure about St. Elmo's, will have to get back to you on that one.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back