News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Howard Riefs

Another year, another shoulder season trek to the Kohler area.

Like year's past, Kohler introduced its "April Special" rate in conjunction with the Milwaukee Golf Show.  Here are the trips from the last three years: 

2015: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,60626.html 
    2014: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,57987.0.html
   2013:
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,55210.0.html

I made three tee times on both Whistling Straits and the Irish Course for Sunday, May 1st.  Unfortunately, the Saturday offered poor tee times and the River Course, which we’ve played the last three years, was booked all weekend for an outing.

If you’re interested in joining, please reply or send me a PM.

Whistling Straits, Straits Course:
Times:                8:40, 8:50, 9:00 a.m.

Greens fee:             $150
Mandatory caddie:  $65 + recommended $40 tip*

Whistling Straits, Irish Course:
Times:                     2:10, 2:20, 2:30 p.m.
Greens fee:             $70 
Optional cart:          $25*

ATTENDEES

1.   Howard Riefs
2.   Jason Way
3.   Joe Melchiors
4.   Steve Salmen
5.   Max Sternberg
6.   Ryan Johnson
7.   Neil Johnston
8.   Steve Green
9.   Mark Jackson
10. Paul Kardosh
11. Lucas Kunk 
12. Ben Reist

Tee times and pairings....

Whistling Straits, Straits Course:

8:40 a.m.
Howard Riefs
Jason Way
Steve Salmen
Paul Kardosh 

8:50 a.m.
Joe Melchiors
Ryan Johnson
Max Sternberg
Steve Green 

9:00 a.m.
Neil Johnston
Lucas Kunk   
Ben Reist
Mark Jackson

-------------------------------------------------
       LUNCH AT WHISTLING STRAITS
-------------------------------------------------

Whistling Straits, Irish Course:

2:10 p.m.
Steve Salmen
Paul Kardosh
Joe Melchiors
Ryan Johnson 

2:20 p.m.
Howard Riefs
Jason Way
Max SternbergMark Jackson 

2:30 p.m.
Neil Johnston
Lucas Kunk   
Ben Reist
Steve Green
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:29:51 PM by Howard Riefs »
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

BHoover

I so much wanted to join you this year. But with my wife due in early May, I don't think it's in the cards for me this time around either.

Joe Melchiors

I should be able to make it again, but for all 36 this time.  No wedding this year...

Thanks for setting this up.

-Joe

Steve Salmen

I'm in. Thank you for organizing.

Tom Allen

I so much wanted to join you this year. But with my wife due in early May, I don't think it's in the cards for me this time around either.

As an aside, congratulations Brian!  Carry on . . . .

Jon Heise

Howard, I'd like to join.  I may have some non-GCA guys have interest, could they join if there's room? 
I still like Greywalls better.

Howard Riefs

Howard, I'd like to join.  I may have some non-GCA guys have interest, could they join if there's room?

Glad you can make it and that you have others who are interested. Can you give me two weeks (April 4) to see if there are others from GCA who want to attend?  After that, we can add in your guys if there's room.  Thanks.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jon Heise

Glad you can make it and that you have others who are interested. Can you give me two weeks (April 4) to see if there are others from GCA who want to attend?  After that, we can add in your guys if there's room.  Thanks.

Of course.  I keep telling them to stop lurking and jump in!

I still like Greywalls better.

Zack Molnar

Howard,

Can you put me down as tentative? I should know with more certainty in the next week. if you need to give up my spot to a more certain attendee, feel free.

Steve Green

Count me in. 
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Bertrand Russell

Jason Thurman

Howard, I thought of joining you but my mother and uncle both want to join and we won't be able to stick around for the afternoon so I won't clutter up your tee times. We'll likely be at the course on the same day though, hopefully teeing off not long after you guys. We'll say hey.

For anyone interested, I think my crew will be doing Lawsonia the day before. We're leaning toward an early afternoon tee time right now (twilight walking rate starts at 1:00 and it's $25 in early season). If anyone is interested in joining for that let me know and maybe I'll book a couple of times when I call.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Mark Jackson

I am hoping to arrange my schedule to attend. Please put me down as tentative for now if space is still available (I should be able to confirm by the end of this weekend whether I can make it).

Mark Jackson

Schedule is all clear for me to attend - the "tentative" label can be removed from my name. Looking forward to it and meeting some new faces!

Steve Salmen

Bump

Howard Riefs

Thanks, Steve.

We still have to open spots.  Would be great to fill them...

Howard Riefs

Pairings and tee times are now available on the first post. 

Reminders...
--I need to notify the course of any cancellations 72 hours in advance. As such, if your plans change and you are not able to attend, please let me know by Wednesday.
-- Bring cash to tip your caddie on the Straits.

Otherwise, I look forward to seeing you on the practice range on Sunday morning.

Jason Way

Thanks again for setting this up Howard.  I will be there.

"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Max Sternberg

Do you still have those open spots?

Howard Riefs

Do you still have those open spots?

No, we're currently at capacity. I'll let you know if that changes. Thanks.

Jason Way

Thanks for setting this up Howard.  Fun golf with great company.  Enjoyed meeting Jason, Max, Steve, Paul, and Mark. 

Put me on the list for next year.
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Max Sternberg

I'd like to thank Howard as well. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and the golf definitely lived up to expectations.

Looking forward to the next outing.

Carl Nichols

How was the weather?

Neil Johnston

My first trip to Kohler was excellent, and I thought both courses were very fun and well thought out.

Re: the weather - I think the wind was the clear winner yesterday. And it seemed that more holes than not were played right into the teeth of the wind. I really struggled to have the "courage" to smash my usual 140 yard club with 100 yards in. I would like to go back when it's not quite as gusty and play some holes over again, especially the par 3s. All that said, it was still great fun to play those holes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back