News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Rose

Re: Golf Broadcasters and GCA
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2016, 11:04:18 PM »
Televised golf in general, and especially on CBS, is becoming more unwatchable by the week.

Sad to see really.... to me, CBS set the gold standard for the better part of three decades. Now they aren't even close to meeting it. Instead it's a four-hour long sponsor kiss-up / network programming self-flagellation interspersed with three erectile dysfunction ads shown ad naseum.

Access to TV golf and college football has been the one thing that has kept me from cutting the cable cord..... maybe my hand will finally be forced.
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Matthew Essig

Re: Golf Broadcasters and GCA
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2016, 12:52:05 AM »
Watching golf is becoming a headache.

Golf Channel on Thursday and Friday is a snooze-fest. They show the same 3-6 players for almost every shot. I understand that the best players boost ratings, so show them; however, at the same time, I don't need to watch Spieth, Garcia, Bradley, etc at +5. I would rather watch every shot of Villegas as he shoots 63 on Thursday at Riv.... instead of the occasional birdie putt for Villegas. There are 74ish players on the course during coverage... show 15-20 that are playing well!

CBS shows too many commercials, putts, the 30 minute dead period where we missed the best holes at Pebble, the 10+ minutes of basketball at the beginning, etc as the article David posted also states.

Fox got rid of Norman. Too many commercials. With the technology they showed last year (a ton of elevations, yardages, trackman shots, drone shots, supreme mic work picking up countless conversations), Fox might be my new favorite golf broadcaster... AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING... But we will see if they have another lackluster performance this year.

NBC has Johnny Miller  :-X  but NBC isn't terrible... yet.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:56:00 AM by Matthew Essig »
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back