News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Boon

Re: post-BUDA golf 2016 Ireland
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2016, 11:25:08 AM »
Ally,

As per main thread, Ben can't make it this year. If Mrs Boon does indeed come with me, then I may give Tuesday golf a miss, but if not my flight isn't until Wednesday afternoon so I will be up for both these.

Again, will confirm shortly.

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

RJ_Daley

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2016, 09:11:44 PM »
For what it is worth, after a round at Narin Portnoo on 8th and taking a chance on a possible spot at Dunfanghy either 9th, 10th or 11th, I will be wandering around N.I. with no particular itinerary.  I only have one other golf round scheduled at The Island on 15th at 3pm twilight and really pushing darkness.  I think it will be a solitary round due to the time.  Probably won't be able to finish 18 but it is all I could get.  And it is kind of pricey.   I figure most are getting gone by then.  I'm flying to Italy early 18th.  If anyone wants to get together for other than golf in that time frame in those areas, I can always eat.  ::) 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

jeffwarne

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2016, 10:11:17 AM »
For those wandering up to Donegal post Buda,
Sliver League is a nice stop en route to Narin and zportnoo.
Dwarf the cliffs of Moher with far less crowds
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »
Supposing that ...
- Monsieur Gaston makes an appearance over the week-end and
- shuts us out of some of the Buda golf and
- the weather on Tuesday is nice then
... I suppose there will be a lot more interest from Pests in the Tuesday events.

Certainly I will try to grab someone's coat tails :)

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back