News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Berckmans Place - The Masters
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 06:06:18 PM »
Found an article on it.  $6000 per ticket according to the source here, limit 10 per "corporation"

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/berckmans-place-augusta-nationals-ultimate-masters-vip-room

David Kelly

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 08:07:15 PM »
I wonder if new ANGC members like C. Rice and J. Rice are forced to spend time glad-handing the rabble as part of their initiation phase. 
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

jeffwarne

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 09:33:01 PM »
It is Disney Land for golf nuts !!!  They made 3 identical greens and 1 large additional practice green with famous pin locations.  The greens are kept identical to the course and you are allowed to putt on them.  Also ~4 nice restaurants, all beer/booze/wine you can drink and access to special gift shop that also carries logos/stuff from the members Pro Shop with Augusta National original logo that is on the green jacket.  There is more, but those are 1st things that come to mind.

Disneyland is exactly how I felt about the entire day... the course and BP. They have members as greeters at the entrance to the pathway BP. The day I was there we were among the first people on site. We walked the course from 18 to one so I could enjoy the course without any other people. I think I caught the first group when I got to #4. We then went to Berkmans for Breakfast. They have members greet you as you get to the path that leads from the main area to BP. That morning it was Jerry Rice who was amazingly cordial to everyone, talking football and golf with anyone who approached him. We spent ten hours at ANGC and had three meals at BP and putted the greens. spent around 7.5 hours on the course and 2.5 hours at BP.  Very few people were foregoing the course to stay at BP all day. Appreciating the amenities at BP doesn't contradict an appreciation of the course or the golf. I don't understand how this represents "what is wrong with the game." I was the guest of a colleague of former GA Gov Carl Sanders who was a member. It was a once in a lifetime experience for me and a day I will not forget.

Bercmann's Place ticket

That's fair enough Stewart.
Sounds like you had a great day-and a great plan.
grabbing breakfast after 5 pretty cool.
My father in law certainly enjoyed his day.
I of course would be tempted by the putting greens. ;)

I just cherish my time on the course and religiously make 7-8 trips through the concession stands walking off the 1/2 dozen + Ham and cheese on ryes and cokes(with a couple adult beverages sprinkled in) I devoutly consume in my time on the course.
I'm your guy to guide you if you love golf and/or golf history like to walk, are tall (or cute and convincing).
Flexibility and stamina are needed because I often call a late day audible to go sneak in a late round at Palmetto ending the day with the Masters replay or DVR.
Even the rest rooms are entertaining  ;) (If you've been you know)

Can hardly wait......

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:44:20 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Carson Pilcher

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 09:24:45 AM »
I wonder if new ANGC members like C. Rice and J. Rice are forced to spend time glad-handing the rabble as part of their initiation phase.

Every member contributes to the tournament in some way.  Whether you are part of the grounds committee, tournament set up, concessions, etc.  I would assume their "contribution" is hospitality greeting.  :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back