News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ash Towe

Cape Wickham placed at 5 in Golf Australia's Top 100 Courses.
« on: December 21, 2015, 09:05:46 PM »
This news was available today as the January 2016 edition of the magazine was available on line.

I have not played the course yet but hope to do so in April 2016. 

How do the people who have played there feel about the ranking. To high, low or about right? Will it be likely to move up, down or stay the same after any novelty factor has worn off?

Daryl David

Re: Cape Wickham placed at 5 in Golf Australia's Top 100 Courses.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:02:03 PM »
Hard to answer without knowing which 4 courses are rated ahead and which course CW replaced.  I can't find the list online, but assuming Royal Melbourne West, Kingston Heath, Barnbougle and NSW are ahead, then 5th sounds about right to me.

Ash Towe

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:15:22 PM »
1 Royal Melbourne West
2 Barnbougle Dunes
3 Kingston Heath
4 Lost Farm
5 Cape Wickham
6 Royal Melbourne East
7 New South Wales
8 Ellerston
9 The National Moonah
10 Royal Adelaide

Daryl David

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 10:41:22 PM »
Thanks for the list. I would put CW ahead of LF. Just my humble opinion. Other than that, I think it sits about right. Huge accomplishment for Darius, Mike and Duncan. They should rightfully be very proud.

Greg Gilson

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:46:38 PM »
Personal opinion only but I would put it at 4 behind RMW, KHGC & NSW. Tough, close call ahead of Barnbougle. I left out National Old which is my home club & my personal favourite - acknowledging a hometown bias.

Great recognition for Darius, Mike and the CW team.

Do not think it will move up or down based on novelty factor wearing off. I just hope the economics allow it to survive long enough for the novelty to wear off.

David_Elvins

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 02:39:01 AM »
On my list of favorite courses in Aus it comes in at 2. 

Going by the ranking criteria I reckon it's closer to 4 or 5 at the moment. 

A few tweaks and natural improvement to the course condition should have it competing with RMW and Barnbougle for no 1 next time around.

Discussing its ranking probably does it a disservice though.  It is a special course worthy of long discussion and analysis.  Hopefully I can add more detailed thoughts later.
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back