News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pritchett

Re: Feature Interview with Todd Rohrer is posted
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 09:15:46 AM »

I've played a fair amount in the rain the past two years, in the UK and France and New Zealand and Maine, though probably not as often as you do.  The bag itself has had no problems in the rain and still looks brand new.  The only problem I've had is with the strap - when it gets wet it bleeds.  I've had to throw out a couple of golf shirts where the right shoulder was a mess after my round.

The strap is the main reason I no longer use my MacKenzie Bag. Even a light sweat will ruin your shirt. 

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »

I've played a fair amount in the rain the past two years, in the UK and France and New Zealand and Maine, though probably not as often as you do.  The bag itself has had no problems in the rain and still looks brand new.  The only problem I've had is with the strap - when it gets wet it bleeds.  I've had to throw out a couple of golf shirts where the right shoulder was a mess after my round.

The strap is the main reason I no longer use my MacKenzie Bag. Even a light sweat will ruin your shirt.

If you play in the morning with dew on the grass, or in rain, does the bag get heavy when wet?

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 07:00:27 PM »

If you play in the morning with dew on the grass, or in rain, does the bag get heavy when wet?

I have the ballistic nylon bag, so no issues with water. 

Rees Milikin

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 05:12:44 PM »
Both my Ping and Jones Bags bleed into the shoulder of my shirts, but I am able to always get the stains out with some warm water and Shout gel.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2015, 05:39:05 PM »
It is a beautiful bag, but totally impractical. I don't play in exquisite clothes or with fancy clubs, so I reckon what good is a luxurious bag going to do me?

The coolest invention for walking golfers is the stand, which automatically fans out, when you set your bag on the ground. It takes a lot of strain off my back, as does a decent double-strap system.

I suppose if I were a member in an expensive private club with a caddie program, then that bag would be appropriate.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2015, 05:42:18 PM »

The coolest invention for walking golfers is the stand, which automatically fans out, when you set your bag on the ground. It takes a lot of strain off my back, as does a decent double-strap system.

Funny, I am a single strap, no stand guy.  Currently using a Titleist Sunday Bag. 

jeffwarne

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2015, 07:28:57 PM »
Nice interview Ran.

I walk 99.9% of all golf rounds each year.

I bet you don't David. Do the maths. :)

Perhaps he plays 2000 rounds annually?
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Sean_A

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2015, 08:52:23 PM »
This bag is as much about spiritually connecting with the ghosts of golf past as anything.  It doesn't make sense for me, but it does for a lot of people on more than one level. Life is good.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

jeffwarne

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »
It is a beautiful bag, but totally impractical. I don't play in exquisite clothes or with fancy clubs, so I reckon what good is a luxurious bag going to do me?

I suppose if I were a member in an expensive private club with a caddie program, then that bag would be appropriate.

Ulrich

Well you might THINK it was appropriate, but it would be left in the bagroom while a stand bag went out with you and the caddie ;) ;D  of course that WOULD extend its useful life
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

David Davis

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2015, 08:57:24 AM »
Nice interview Ran.

I walk 99.9% of all golf rounds each year.

I bet you don't David. Do the maths. :)

Perhaps he plays 2000 rounds annually?

Actually one of the few American characteristics I'm still really proud of and try to hold onto dearly is my ability to exaggerate. For the mathematicians among us, make that 90% ;-)
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back