News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JC Jones

Re: 2016 5th Major at Dismal River
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 04:41:23 PM »
Ballyneal is private?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Eric Smith

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 06:38:21 PM »
It's high time you venture west of the Mississippi and find out for yourself, Doctor Jones!

Chris Mavros

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »
After having a blast at this year's Dixie Cup, this looks just as fun, so I am planning on attending.  I am in the process of getting a partner as well.  Looking forward to it already! 

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2015, 07:10:49 AM »
2016 would have been my fifth 5th Major.
Regretably, I am now out.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:05:29 PM by Bruce Wellmon »

Mike Hendren

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2015, 11:34:12 AM »
Eric

I promised you I'd make it next year. now i need to find a partner.

Wonder what Jim Thorpe is doing?

Chez Wardo

Big Ward, I have been working on my stutter-step but am tentatively scheduled to visit the Scottish Highlands in early June.  Dang.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2015, 11:41:30 AM »
This thread kills me every year, would so love to do it...

Eric Smith

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's time for me to begin pulling in the nets in order to see what this 2016 field looks like. Just a reminder to everyone to email Leanne at Dismal River lfrench@dismalriver.com in order to pay your deposit to secure your reservation. Deposits are non-refundable after 4/15/2016.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:43:12 PM by Eric Smith »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 04:17:26 PM »
It that the order of predicted finish?  Sorry about that Peter and Eric.   ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 07:54:15 PM »
Eric, count me in for this year. I'll register formally shortly.

I'm currently a free agent but checking with a few friends about partnering up. Anyone looking for a teammate, shoot me a PM.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Eric Smith

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 10:22:47 PM »
Eric, count me in for this year. I'll register formally shortly.

I'm currently a free agent but checking with a few friends about partnering up. Anyone looking for a teammate, shoot me a PM.

Great! Welcome aboard, Jason!

It that the order of predicted finish?  Sorry about that Peter and Eric.   ;D

Loving the early trash talk, Dick! ;D

Tyler Kearns

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »
Eric,

Please put me down on the list, I look forward to a return trip.

Tyler

Lyndell Young

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:04 PM »
Eric please put me on the list. I'm excited to return to Dismal ,I'm a single at this point looking for partner.

Michael Marzec

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2016, 12:42:29 PM »
Eric -

I was online looking at flight info this morning when I was informed that I will be attending a wedding that weekend, NOT playing in the Fifth Major.

So it is with great regret that I withdraw from the list. For now, it is wait until next year...

Good luck to all!
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. And furthermore, always carry a small snake." - W.C. Fields

Eric Smith

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2016, 04:38:59 PM »
Lyndell and Tyler - That's great to hear!! I've added you both. 

Michael - Thanks for the heads up. Maybe next time. Enjoy your weekend!

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 04:29:49 PM »
Opinions on the better warm up round on my way out: Common Ground vs. WildHorse?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2016, 04:35:50 PM »
I was going to sign up to play, but then I realized your dates are the same weekend as my Hundred Hole Hike with Mr. Colton on the new course at Forest Dunes ... and the club's member guest the two days after.  Well, at least I'll be on one of my own courses!

Eric Smith

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »
Opinions on the better warm up round on my way out: Common Ground vs. WildHorse?

Dan,

I still haven't played Commonground, but I have played Wildhorse and think it is definitely worth stopping to play when out that way.

I was going to sign up to play, but then I realized your dates are the same weekend as my Hundred Hole Hike with Mr. Colton on the new course at Forest Dunes ... and the club's member guest the two days after.  Well, at least I'll be on one of my own courses!

Tom,

Hopefully you'll make it out for the tournament another year. Several of the guys who came in 2012 and went on your walking tour are returning for the first time since then. I'm pretty excited for them to finally get out and play it.

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 11:29:20 AM »
Thanks Eric.  I was up pretty early this morning and went back through the threads from several of the past 5th Majors and had come to the same conclusion. 

Jordan Standefer

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 11:47:45 AM »
Thanks Eric.  I was up pretty early this morning and went back through the threads from several of the past 5th Majors and had come to the same conclusion.

Don't let anyone dissuade you from Wild Horse just because it is in the opposite direction from Denver (if you're traveling in and out of Denver).  1) It's not that far and 2) totally worth it.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2016, 12:00:29 PM »
Get yourself on the Wild Horse mailing list, it's pretty cool. I would book the lodging at Wild Horse now if it will be functioning and open soon enough. Fly, drive, play and stay is a great first day.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »

CommonGround is the type of course that every city should have. Wild Horse is a course unique to the Sandhills that simply couldn't have been built elsewhere. Play Wild Horse.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2016, 12:52:37 PM »

CommonGround is the type of course that every city should have. Wild Horse is a course unique to the Sandhills that simply couldn't have been built elsewhere. Play Wild Horse.

I was in Denver last summer on a limited trip with no time for golf.  But I did have 1-2 hours to go check it out.

I really wish I had time to play because I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw from the check in/snack shack area!  Next time I'm there i'll be sure to play it..

Ryan Hillenbrand

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2016, 05:23:16 PM »

There are efforts underway in St. Louis to do something similar to CommonGround on a course called Normandie, one of the oldest courses west of the Mississippi, and not too far from the unrest in Ferguson. She's tired, but with perhaps the best layout in town. Could be a jewel for the area with plans for a caddie program and course maintenance apprenticeships.

Aaron Marks

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2016, 03:00:27 PM »

A lot of love for Commonground on this thread (well deserved).  Don't forget about Riverdale Dunes or Murphy Creek.  Both are easy to get to from the airport, and not too far out of the way if you are headed towards Nebraska. 

Jim Nugent

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »

There are efforts underway in St. Louis to do something similar to CommonGround on a course called Normandie, one of the oldest courses west of the Mississippi, and not too far from the unrest in Ferguson. She's tired, but with perhaps the best layout in town. Could be a jewel for the area with plans for a caddie program and course maintenance apprenticeships.

Quite cool.  Pretty sure Robert Foulis -- former apprentice to Old Tom -- laid out Normandie. 

Ryan, do you know if they have in any architect(s) in mind to head up the renovation, or are the changes mostly maintenance/management related? 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back