News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Cristian

Requesting Advice on Manchester area Golf
« on: September 09, 2015, 10:56:52 AM »
This Sunday I will be in the Manchester area with time for 18 holes of Golf. My hotel is near the airport (south of Manchester). Probably I will choose to rent a car for the day. Which courses should I consider?

Initially I was thinking of Cavendish, Reddish Vale and Delamere Forest, although I am not sure of travel times and access restrictions on a Sunday; As I am flying back late afternoon, I would have to start in the morning, which may further complicate things. Any thoughts?

Michael Wharton-Palmer

Re: Requesting Advice on Manchester area Golf
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 11:28:51 AM »
Delamere easy access from the airport

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 12:24:44 PM »
Yeah, if they'll let you on I think I'd do Delamere. Cavendish I love but it's a bit more of a hike from the airport. Or PM Duncan Cheslett and try to do Reddish Vale?
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »
Cavendish is every bit of an hour's drive to the airport, and could be much slower depending on traffic.   It's worth seeing, but don't cut it close on time.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 02:01:19 PM »
Hi Cristian,

I'd love to welcome you to Reddish Vale on Sunday, but unfortunately this weekend is the Club Championships and so no visitors can be accommodated.

Delamere Forest is a must-play course, and only 40 minutes from the airport. Their website is showing availability on Sunday morning, but will not allow you to book online. I would suggest you phone the Pro's shop on +44 1606 883800 (option 2)    http://www.brsgolf.com/delamereforest/visitor_day.php?d_date=2015-09-13&course_id1=2

Cavendish is an hour from the airport, and well worth a visit. They have availability early on Sunday morning.  http://www.brsgolf.com/cavendish/visitor_day.php?d_date=2015-09-13&course_id1=1

The other course I'd recommend is Wilmslow, where Mark Rowlinson is a member. It is only a few minutes from the airport. Sunday availability looks like it could be a problem though. It is often members only at UK golf clubs.  http://www.wilmslowgolfclub.co.uk/visitorbooking/?date=13-09-2015

« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:04:08 PM by Duncan Cheslett »

Cristian

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 02:15:15 PM »
Thanks! Fantastic info, my hotel is actually in Wilmslow so that might be a great option if they allow sunday play. Delamere looks fantastic as well!

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »
I'd  get a message to Mark immediately...

markrowlinson@btopenworld.com

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 09:49:11 AM »
Wilmslow should be no problem - ring the pro on 01565 873620.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back