News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Re: The Free Trade Ethos has Seeped into the Culture of Golf
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2015, 03:53:08 PM »
its a matter of economics as well as anything else. i worked my ass off and made nice money to afford me and my wife to sample the entire spectrum of golf courses. I don't think i have to apologize for that.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Steve Okula

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2015, 04:32:04 PM »
its a matter of economics as well as anything else. i worked my ass off and made nice money to afford me and my wife to sample the entire spectrum of golf courses. I don't think i have to apologize for that.

Whether economics is a function of luck or brains, I don't know, but I'm sure it takes more than work because I have also worked my ass off all my life and I've got shit to show.
The small wheel turns by the fire and rod,
the big wheel turns by the grace of God.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2015, 05:39:51 PM »
And now throw into the mix Golf Top 100 World course Adodyha Links, where "golf is more than just an experience." Because not only is a round of golf not enough any more, neither is "just an experience."  :P

"Where golf is more than just an experience."
I literally have no idea how to process that as a concept.  ???

Paul - it's the "11" that guys my age always reference, but in the original context it was a funny poke at the failings of metal culture in a well-done satire of that culture. Alas, golf has apparently now fully embraced its own failings and joyfully integrated its satirical version into itself, and so we golfers can all happily travel from place foisting Doak 11s on unsuspecting hidden gems and shouting out "Hello Cleveland!!" in every town we visit.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back