News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brian Hilko

Re: Are there any courses whose playing experience is enhanced by a cart?
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 09:01:03 AM »
Greywalls- I know it can be walked but why would you want to do that to yourself. Plus the choice of walking 18 or riding 36 is easy. If you had to walk the thrill of 5 and 6 would be dread for me and the hike back to the 9th tee would take a toll on me. Plus you would have to hitchhike from the clubhouse to the first tee.
Down with the brown

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 11:21:53 AM »
When I played in New Mexico a few years ago, Black Mesa and Paa-Ko Ridge. Between altitude, elevation, distance between tees, and that I played 36 and 27 respectively, I was able to enjoy my time without exhausting myself.

That altitude stuff is for real. Coming from close to sea level to 5,500+ and not having enough time to acclimate, I had a much more intense buzz after my post-round bourbons and beers than I had anticipated.

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »
Any course that you want to ride at any given time is enhanced by a cart. 

Colin Shellard

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »
I really don't like taking a cart but PGA Gleneagles, Finca Cortesin in Spain and Monte Rei in Portugal all are helped by carts to get over the massive hikes up to elevated tees hundreds of yards away from the previous greens.  Two are Jack Nicklaus designs.  Terreblanche in the south of France is a lovely course which does not need a cart to enjoy but is mandatory.  Nuts!

Have to agree about the PGA at Gleneagles - have played it walking and in a cart. Would never walk it again - terrible long walks between holes make it unpleasant to play that way, also as you are stuck between everyone else playing in carts there is no point as you are stuck playing their speed and have nowhere to sit down while waiting for them!

Having lived for a couple of years in SIngapore I would also say playing around there their is better in a cart as it's just too hot to walk and carry your bag, plus the amount of fluids you need to have with you necessitate a cart and ice box!

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 01:36:25 PM »
Pinnacle Point. I don't see it as a golf course so much as a collection of fun and / or thrilling shots. You just want to get to those shots; stuff routing, flow, rhythm, etc. Closest thing to a video game I've ever played and I mean that as a compliment. If that was the design mandate then it pings my needle for efficacy. In so many ways it is the exception that proves the (my personal) rules.
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back