News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ron Farris

valentine
« on: September 11, 2015, 02:46:17 PM »
I have spent the last 5 months in Valentine Nebraska working on the new 10 hole course for the city.  This is by far one of the most unique projects I have been involved with!  Designed by Tom Lehman and Chris Brands ( aka the Dunes Course at the Prairie Club) this is a beautiful setting for fun golf.  I will be posting pictures of the course over the next few weeks.

Tom_Doak

Re: valentine
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 02:53:38 PM »
Ron:

How long has that been in planning?  This is the first I've heard of it.

Jason Way

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:29:16 PM »
Sounds very cool Ron.  Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

What is the course called?
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 08:48:16 PM »
Ron - Some of the pics I've seen on facebook look cool. Looking forward to hearing more!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
Hi Ron.  I took a look around the area of current "Deer Park" golf course.  Is it an add-on of that?  Yes, there are some scenic areas along the river.  It sounds like it could be a great interlude for the intrepid travelers seeking the big Sand Hill resorts, much like Wild Horse attracts the 'extra rounds' when sand hill fanatics just can't get enough during their resort stays.  ;) ;D

See PM message.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 09:58:19 AM »
Ron, Hope you're sticking around for awhile? Red Rocks soon?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

JC Urbina

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 11:03:49 AM »
Ron,

Was this project funded by the city of Valentine or from donations?  In a small rural setting 9 hole golf course popped up everywhere but in the last 50 years that ceased to exist.  Nice to see it maybe making a revival. 

I am curious, why not 12 holes?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back