News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Ridge Running Short Holes
« on: July 10, 2015, 10:09:48 AM »
The 9th at Crystal Downs and 11th at Tumble Creek are examples of solid par 3's that run up a narrow ridge.  Both reflect nifty routing.  Do you like such holes and are there other examples - hopefully with photographs?

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tom_Doak

Re: Ridge Running Short Holes
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 11:11:52 AM »
The 9th at Crystal Downs and 11th at Tumble Creek are examples of solid par 3's that run up a narrow ridge.  Both reflect nifty routing.  Do you like such holes and are there other examples - hopefully with photographs?

Bogey

Bogey:

There are not many of these.  The first time I saw Crystal Downs, I thought it was the very first hole like that I'd seen.

The only other one I can think of easily is the 17th at New South Wales.  There is a lot of bottle brush around that hole, so the landforms are not as obvious as at Crystal Downs, but on a topo map the resemblance would be easy to spot.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 11:56:02 AM »
What about the 11th holes at St George's Hill and Hidden Creek?
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »
Michael H. -

If you are talking about an uphill parr-3 that falls off on both sides of the green, there is one hole like that on the Blackhawk course in Danville, CA. However, there is not much that could be considered "nifty" about the routing of that course. ;)

DT

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back