News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Kelly

Re: Was Chambers Bay the truth serum for GCA?
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »
So David,

Want to debate the course you played vs. Chambers? Assuming of course I have played the course you played.
No.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Ben Sims

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2015, 10:09:45 PM »
Yes, and we collectively failed the interrogation. I was embarrassed to explain to folks around the course this week where I made my friends in the golf world. Because then they invariably came to the website and saw falsehoods and speculation that failed to capture--in even the simplest terms--what formally made Golfclubatlas.com special. I owe this website a great deal, but this week I was sad to be a member of it. Shame on us for reducing the effort put into this golf course and the tournament held on it to the minor oscillations of a golf ball.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 10:12:18 PM »
Yes, and we collectively failed the interrogation. I was embarrassed to explain to folks around the course this week where I made my friends in the golf world. Because then they invariably came to the website and saw falsehoods and speculation that failed to capture--in even the simplest terms--what formally made Golfclubatlas.com special. I owe this website a great deal, but this week I was sad to be a member of it. Shame on us for reducing the effort put into this golf course and the tournament held on it to the minor oscillations of a golf ball.

Where is Pat Mucci? He would have had a field day with the posters you are chagrined to admit knowing.
;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sean Leary

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 11:25:31 PM »
So David,

Want to debate the course you played vs. Chambers? Assuming of course I have played the course you played.
No.

LOL. I am guessing I know where David was, and you haven't been there. If I am right, I have over 100 rounds between the two courses, and you are not going to win this argument.

Garland, you more you try to defend CB the worse you sound. Let it go. It's an excellent golf course with shitty greens that hosted a fantastic tournament with a worthy winner.

Still not sure what the USGA could have done to make the greens better. Maybe gassing them 3 years ago, and replanting, but the course wasn't in a financial position to shut down for a season. And no idea how they are going to solve it and get another Open.

Niall C

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 08:22:56 AM »

Get over your self. This is a hobby site, not the United Nations.

Niall

archie_struthers

Re: Was Chambers Bay the truth serum for GCA? New
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 08:40:36 AM »
 8) ;)

It may be that RTJ took the kickplates and internal green contours too far , not having seen it in person , I can't say . This being said , it was a bold and imaginative attempt to do something "special" that many architects might not have the imagination or "cojones" to do !
The

As to conditions being more important than the architecture.  Bad conditioning can be addressed and fixed, bad architecture is with us forever!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:37:07 AM by archie_struthers »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 11:20:14 AM »

Get over your self. This is a hobby site, not the United Nations.

Niall

+1

PS.  Just because a great effort goes into something doesn't mean its up to par.  I can play golf until my hands fall off and put in a "great effort" to be the best player I can, but i'll never been anything close to a pro golfer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back