News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete_Pittock

Re: Photo Tour - Chambers Bay - US Open Edition - 18th Hole!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2015, 12:34:03 AM »
Brent,
Watching re-broadcast of Jordan Speith. He said there is about an effective  5-6 yard wide area, otherwise your drive will end up in the right edge diagonal bunker.

Richard Choi

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2015, 12:42:49 AM »
That is only if you are trying to avoid the right bunker while landing around where the second left bunker is. He could have hit a 3-wood short of the right bunker and have about 220 to the green.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 04:20:20 AM »
Richard

I've never wanted to play a course so much after having watched in on TV. If I ever come to play Chambers Bay (from the UK) I shall definitely be asking you to come along. Your hole commentaries are magnificent.
2024: Royal St. David's(x2); Mill Ride(x7); Milford; Notts; JCB(x2), Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ), Hayling

Ben Attwood

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2015, 05:38:59 AM »
Yes I should think Richard could set up Chambers bay guide business just for GCAers who will be visiting post tournament.

Richard Choi

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2015, 03:34:20 PM »
I am available as a caddie for any GCA'er. Just give me a ring.

This maybe the first time that a player wins the tournament with the birdie at the 18th.

The tee is moved up a bit and the pin is in the middle back, which should be accessible with long irons and hybrids. We may even see an eagle late.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back