News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Give Chambers Bay the benefit of the doubt
« on: June 17, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »
It's Wednesday, nobody has seen even 1 shot hit let alone one round completed. These are the best players in the world and quality will survive and win this tournament as it always does.

Please stop with all the negatives and give Fox, Chambers Bay and Mike Davis the benefit of the doubt.

It looks to be a unique and exciting venue.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Gary Sato

Re: Give Chambers Bay the benefit of the doubt
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 03:23:33 PM »
It doesn't look perfect but you have a bunch of spoiled brats that are not in control, with a new course that's very different. 

The last major (Augusta) is perfectly green and completely predictable which is the way they like it.

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 03:42:46 PM »
It's Wednesday, nobody has seen even 1 shot hit let alone one round completed. These are the best players in the world and quality will survive and win this tournament as it always does.

Please stop with all the negatives and give Fox, Chambers Bay and Mike Davis the benefit of the doubt.

It looks to be a unique and exciting venue.

+1
#nowhitebelt

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 05:05:22 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 08:54:06 PM by cary lichtenstein »
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 10:58:26 PM »
I loved it!!!!!!!!!  I thought Mike Davis set up the course great so we could enjoy it, I thought Chambers Bay is/was way better than all the criticism and the cream rose to the top with Jordan Speith  the winner.

This was the most exciting US Open in my recent memory.

Chambers Bay architecture, while not minamalistic as is strongly favored by most of this site, this showed that there is still another fresh way to design a golf course. It took great vision to design CB as well by the pros to analyze it and create their game plans.

It certainly appears that the pros adapted quite well, learned it's quirk and did quite well. The low scoring in the final round is a testament to Davis's thoughtful set up and the rewards of aggressive play.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back