News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Josh Tarble

Chatham Hills - Westfield, IN
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:35:47 PM »
Does anyone have any details on this new development?

http://chathamhills.com/#golf

All I know is that it's apparently being built by Pete Dye, construction began late last year and they are shooting for a late 2016 opening of the course.  Even being here in the area, I have heard little to nothing about the project.

Chris Clouser

Re: Chatham Hills - Westfield, IN
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »
Josh,

Like you I haven't heard much about it.  But I believe it is similar to Bridgewater in a lot of ways.  I love the description on their site of rollling hills and meandering creeks.  If that was the case why do they need 10 ponds throughout the course.   I live pretty close to that location (less than 5 miles away) and rolling hills is being very generous and I really wonder how many creeks flow through that spot.  :(  Looks like a big version of Plum Creek with what has become the typical Dye style of course from what you see there.  I would love to see if it is more like Plum Creek or more like Crooked Stick once completed...

Maybe Tim Liddy can chime in as I saw his name on the routing on the website.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:03:52 PM by Chris Clouser »

Tim Liddy

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:23:46 PM »
Yes, it is a new Pete Dye designed 18 hole golf course with 9 hole par 3. About half the golf holes play through residential and the other half within a large flood plain. It is the same client as Bridgewater, but on much better topography. I will be happy to show both of you the golf course whenever it is convenient (wear boots). I am normally there  twice a week, depending on the weather and expect Mr. Dye to be there also - as we are just starting to rough in the golf holes.

Josh Tarble

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 05:54:13 PM »
Tim,

I will certainly take you up on that offer later in the year.  Glad to hear it is going well. 

Scott Wintersteen

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 07:19:48 PM »
Interesting.  I am surprised they are doing another development like this so close to Bridgewater.  By the way have either of you guys played Bridgewater?  If so what do you think?  I know it is also designed by Pete Dye.  It is one of a couple that I have been meaning to play in Indy.

John Nixon

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »
Hmm. I live in the area as well, and it's news to me too. Looking forward to it - if forced to guess I'd guess it'll be Bridgewater-like. The terrain  shouldn't be a problem - Purgatory and Bear Slide, both nearby, are on essentially identical terrain, and they're both fine courses.

John Nixon

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 06:29:23 AM »
Hmm. I live in the area as well, and it's news to me too. Looking forward to it - if forced to guess I'd guess it'll be Bridgewater-like. The terrain  shouldn't be a problem - Purgatory and Bear Slide, both nearby, are on essentially identical terrain, and they're both fine courses.

I'm reaching back to an old post here to correct myself. Played Chatham Hills for the first time yesterday. I'm still mulling it over so I'm not going to say anything about the course itself yet, but I was wrong about the terrain. Chatham Hills is situated on some excellent, varied topography. I like Purgatory a lot, but it's not on "essentially identical" terrain. CH is more like The Fort, maybe?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back