News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Surprise
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
If you go to Bude and stop at the clubhouse, you see a section of the course across the road, and it looks quite mundane. It turns out that section is a nice warmup for when you cross back over the road, and get into the course proper. New variations around practically every turn. Loved it, as can be witnessed by the threads I did. I thought going in that Perranporth would be my favorite quirk of SW England's coast. However, some flat, basically featureless greens there dampened my enthusiasm.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jason Way

Re: Surprise
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 10:34:19 PM »
I was surprised on each of my trips to Streamsong.  On separate occasions, once on the Red and once on the Blue, my playing partners received direction from their caddies to putt off the green away from the hole, using slopes to redirect and gently turn the ball back to the hole.  I was surprised that the caddies discovered those lines, and I was even more surprised that they worked. 

We all took turns hitting those putts, and you want to talk about joy?  I could have stayed out there all day... 
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back