News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Morgan Stephenson

Re: Golf Course Architecture on Instagram
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »
I usually post some pics from The Road.  @stephenson1969

Matt Frey, PGA

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 03:42:56 PM »
Now we need to get a @jwbausch handle up and running!  ;D

JJShanley

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
Now we need to get a @jwbausch handle up and running!  ;D

It'd break the internet.

Jason Way

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »
Bumping this thread because @doakgolf just came across my feed. Tom is this really you?

Any other new good ones that anyone has found recently?
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Andy Johnson

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2017, 12:36:31 PM »
I post regularly @fried_egg_golf

Tom_Doak

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 03:11:13 PM »
Bumping this thread because @doakgolf just came across my feed. Tom is this really you?

Yes, that's me.  My younger associates have been bugging me to post about my travels, so I started two weeks ago from Waialae and then on to Asia.

I was going to post a picture of the security line at Saipan airport at 5:00 this morning; there were more than 1000 people ahead of us after three big planes landed.  Fortunately though, US citizens get to jump the line, and I didn't want to risk that privilege by snapping a photo!

Rob Clisdell

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2017, 05:29:16 AM »
Excellent tips, thanks all. I think I'm now following all the suggestions in this thread.

I post bits and pieces from my golf travels @avagabondgolfer

Mark Kiely

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2017, 02:25:13 PM »
Cool, just followed @doakgolf! I post one golf photo from my own collection every day @itslikeimsayin. Mostly Southern California courses.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Eric Hammerbacher

Re: Golf Course Architecture on Instagram New
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2017, 07:19:59 PM »
I was also excited about @doakgolf...I think I follow all the others mentioned here too.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 05:59:07 AM by Eric Hammerbacher »
"All it takes, in truth, for a golfer to attain his happiness is a fence rail to throw his coat on, and a target somewhere over the rise." -John Updike 1994

Sean Ogle

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 02:10:31 PM »
Somehow missed this thread when it was originally posted a year and a half ago. Cool to see how many of the people I follow on Instagram are actually on here as well. I'm @breakingeighty.

Stumbled across Tom's feed earlier this week, and was excited to see some photos from a few courses that I hadn't seen much from. Looking forward to following along.

Ian Andrew

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »

My younger associates have been bugging me to post about my travels, so I started two weeks ago from Waialae and then on to Asia.

It's quite a good follow ... he or she was right.

With every golf development bubble, the end was unexpected and brutal....

Joe Hellrung

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »
I'm @jhellrung

I just posted some Bandon shots from my trip last weekend.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 03:35:49 PM by Joe Hellrung »

David Davis

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2017, 05:36:21 AM »
I was very late to the Instagram game myself and in the end it was my kids that were the culprits telling me I needed to post more photos of all the golf travel I've been doing.

I was surprised at some of the great picks and most of you I was already following. I just added the others.

I'm at @top100golftraveler

Love to hear your comments and questions!
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Scott Weersing

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 07:35:53 AM »
I'm @jhellrung

How did you like the crazy weather at Bandon the last couple of weeks? I was there Feb 24 to Feb 28 and we had rain, wind, hail and sun.

Scott Weersing

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 07:37:49 AM »
I was very late to the Instagram game myself and in the end it was my kids that were the culprits telling me I needed to post more photos of all the golf travel I've been doing.

I was surprised at some of the great picks and most of you I was already following. I just added the others.

I'm at @top100golftraveler

Love to hear your comments and questions!

I am loving your photos from Ocean Dunes on Kings Island. When will you post your review?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRY_VUOBu9_/?taken-by=top100golftraveler

Scott

Joe Hellrung

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 09:30:54 AM »
I'm @jhellrung

Scott, the trip lived up to its billing, even with the crazy weather.  We played 4 courses in 3 days, and on the last day had rain, hail, high winds, and sunshine all in the same round.  No round was a complete washout other than when we tried to play the Par 3 course on Saturday afternoon.  We got in around 3 holes and simply had to quit as the greens were under water and the hail was biting. 

I'll be posting some more pictures in the coming days - it was truly a wonderful experience being there. 
How did you like the crazy weather at Bandon the last couple of weeks? I was there Feb 24 to Feb 28 and we had rain, wind, hail and sun.

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 11:12:50 AM »
I reluctantly joined instagram @farrowgolf but prefer the Twitter format, a little more substance for my liking.

I don't particularly care for having to shrink files and email photos to my phone in order to post them online. They just figured out some people would like to post multiple photos but still no web links allowed and very difficult to save images... A little Frustrating  >:(

George Pazin

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 12:05:53 PM »
I reluctantly joined instagram @farrowgolf but prefer the Twitter format, a little more substance for my liking.

I don't particularly care for having to shrink files and email photos to my phone in order to post them online. They just figured out some people would like to post multiple photos but still no web links allowed and very difficult to save images... A little Frustrating  >:(

This is the good side of what I posted earlier on a different thread about old posters.

Can't stress enough how cool it is to see Ryan and his story. I teed it up with him when he was but a wee lad out of Oakmont... Damn, that was 13 or 14 years ago. He weighed about as much as my left leg then... :)

Get out and meet your fellow posters! You won't be disappointed.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

David Davis

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 01:18:18 PM »

I am loving your photos from Ocean Dunes on Kings Island. When will you post your review?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRY_VUOBu9_/?taken-by=top100golftraveler

Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the comment. After the trip I have enough Instagram material for several months  :) [size=78%]. I tried to post a photo or two a day in a manner of telling a story and sharing the experience.[/size]

Working on the reviews.
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 03:15:50 PM »
I post a lot of pictures of dirt @propergolf if you are into that sort of thing.

@ryanfarrow... at least they let you zoom in now :o

Jason Way

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 07:20:41 PM »
I post a lot of pictures of dirt @propergolf if you are into that sort of thing.

Nothing beats seeing how the sausage gets made. Keep the dirt pics coming, please.
"Golf is a science, the study of a lifetime, in which you can exhaust yourself but never your subject." - David Forgan

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »
Pics of Royal Melbourne, Kingston Heath and other Australia courses from me. A good focus on hickory golf and clubs, with the occasional native flora shot, and some wine.

@mashie_melbourne

Following many of you already - thanks and keep up the good work!

Also enjoying @golfreads, @golfjunkdrawer, @golfgates and @golfclubhouses

"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Ben Malach

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »
Ryan:
They just added an album feature this week and there is an connected app called layout if you want to post multiple images in one.
There are also some plug ins for Lightroom that can direct export to insta.

I am @benmalach on instagram. I try to post weekly but its tough during the winter and not traveling much due to school. But hope to post more once the season starts rolling.
@benmalach on Instagram and Twitter

Scott Weersing

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2017, 09:15:43 AM »

@ryanfarrow... at least they let you zoom in now :o

Yes, people on this website are into pictures of sand and dirt. :-)

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »

This is the good side of what I posted earlier on a different thread about old posters.

Can't stress enough how cool it is to see Ryan and his story. I teed it up with him when he was but a wee lad out of Oakmont... Damn, that was 13 or 14 years ago. He weighed about as much as my left leg then... :)

Get out and meet your fellow posters! You won't be disappointed.

Thanks George, I think that was my last round at Oakmont East before it was ploughed under.... and I still probably weigh as much as your left leg!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back