News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

abmack

A course called Pittsburg G&CC in Pittsburg, CA is listed in The Life and Work of Dr. Alister Mackenzie as having 9 holes designed by the Doctor. I tried to unsuccessfully tried to find out more but by doing a quick google search and GCA search. I think the course is now called Delta View GC. The only reference to Mackenzie on the course's website is found in the description of the 18th hole. It seems that Robert Muir Graves must have added an additional nine hole.

Has anyone seen/walked/played this course? Does any Mackenzie remain? I'm sure I can't be the only one who would be interested in seeing pictures or hearing opinions.

Tim Leahy

Played there a few years ago and there is no Mac left beyond the layout. You can see what could have been but thats it. New side is bad.
Not far from there is Stockton CC that Mac supposedly worked on. Has anyone seen it in person?
Unfortunately NoCal hasnt done a great job of preserving or restoring Mac's work.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back