News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

If it hasn't been said,
« on: December 21, 2014, 10:41:43 PM »
"Congratulations" to Jeff Warne for being named "The Teacher Of The Year" by the Metropolitan Golf Association PGA.

CONGRATULATIONS

Tom_Doak

Re: If it hasn't been said,
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 10:42:43 PM »
Congrats to Jeff.

Funny year to win, when he was overseas the whole summer!

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »
Congratulations Jeff. 

Looks like all those rounds at the Patch paid off!

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:04:20 PM »

Jeff,

Congratulations on the award.

I could use a refresher.

Bob

Mike_Young

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 12:10:54 AM »
Good Job Jeff....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Jason Connor

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 01:57:59 AM »
Excellent work Jeff.

Mr. Mucci:  This is a great example of how terrible your thread titles are.  Many members here probably don't have the patience or time for such uninformative thread titles.  And hence they would never become aware of Jeff's well deserved honor.

Why deny Jeff the attention just to be cute?  And why not just put "Congratulations Jeff Warne -- Met Teacher of the Year" in the thread title?

We discovered that in good company there is no such thing as a bad golf course.  - James Dodson

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:12:12 AM »
Jason, I've got your back. The green ink is a terrible thing and you might end up questioning your soul, your equipment choices and your third-grade teacher's grammar skills. Be brave and you'll survive the onslaught.

Onward...into battle!!!!!!!
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 07:48:42 AM »
The thread's title needs to be clear regarding what someone can expect when they click on it; people are busy and they should not have to aimlessly click on threads to glean their content.
From the thread which was, when I posted this, immediately above this one.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Paul Gray

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 07:49:09 AM »
Brilliant stuff Jeff and, from what I've seen, richly deserved.

PS: Pat, who know what Ran was talking about with these titles.

In the places where golf cuts through pretension and elitism, it thrives and will continue to thrive because the simple virtues of the game and its attendant culture are allowed to be most apparent. - Tim Gavrich

jeffwarne

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 08:20:13 AM »
First of all Tom, I was present at the ribbon cuttings ;)

Geez Pat
1.no OT label
2.failure to follow moderator instructions even a moron could follow ;)
Thank You (and the thread title is perfect in this case ;))

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Bob,
We're going to get it done eventually (though I suspect I would glean far more from the session)-Thanks

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:23:58 AM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Rees Milikin

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:36 AM »
Congratulations!

Brent Hutto

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 09:36:47 AM »
So I'll assume there are a large number of weekend golfers in the Metro area using their putters from just off the green rather than trying to chip with a 5-wood using a stroke they never practice. Well done.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 10:58:05 AM »
Excellent work Jeff.

Mr. Mucci:  This is a great example of how terrible your thread titles are.  Many members here probably don't have the patience or time for such uninformative thread titles.  And hence they would never become aware of Jeff's well deserved honor.

Jason,

If you see my name under "author" there's a good chance that he thread will be worthwhile.

Speaking of seeing names under "author", in a quick review of the last ten (10) pages I didn't see your name once.
You haven't contributed a single thread to this site.

Then I looked under "contributions" to see if you had helped to support this site.
And again, your name wasn't there.

You haven't contributed anything to this site, in intelligent topics and well constructed threads or financially, so until you do, just be content to lurk  until you have something meaningful to contribute.

Why deny Jeff the attention just to be cute?  And why not just put "Congratulations Jeff Warne -- Met Teacher of the Year" in the thread title?

The reason for the title was that I've been away from the site, didn't review the pages of recent threads, and was apologizing in advance in the event that someone had already given Jeff the accolades he deserved.

Perhaps, you and Ron should create a new website strictly for whiners.
I'm sure that you'd both be big contributors to that site.

P.S.    F.O.

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 11:13:59 AM »

Perhaps, you and Ron should create a new website strictly for whiners.
I'm sure that you'd both be big contributors to that site.

P.S.    F.O.

Really raising the standards.

Yes, you're right - by looking at the author, you can certainly make some informed guesses on the content. 

If your name's there, the content will often have some substance.

Of course, it's equally likely that there will be some over-sensitive, over-the-top reaction to someone questioning your self-image of infallibility (justified, in your mind by monetary contributions).

PS - Have a nice day.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
Great job Jeff..proud of you mate.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
Ran wrote,  "The thread's title needs to be clear regarding what someone can expect when they click on it; people are busy and they should not have to aimlessly click on threads to glean their content."
It's Ran's website.  We need to play by his rules.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 11:40:05 AM »
Kevin,

Evidently you, Jason and Ron missed the part about "Thread jacking", along with the part about the posting of inane excessive photo threads

Judging by the quantity and quality of the threads you've initiated, or lack thereof, perhaps you should devote more time to trying to be creative, rather than being a nit picking whiner.   You've proven that you're good at being a nit picking whiner, you've yet to prove that you're capable of being a valued creative contributor.   I question your ability to do so.

Chuck Glowacki

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
From the "Patch" to the "Goat" with a whole lot of golf between.  Congrats, Jeff

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2014, 12:00:21 PM »
Congratulations, Jeff.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »
Jeff - Congratulations!!  A well-deserved honor.

Pat - have a nice day. I'll send you a PM.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2014, 12:05:44 PM »
Kevin,

Evidently you, Jason and Ron missed the part about "Thread jacking", along with the part about the posting of inane excessive photo threads

Judging by the quantity and quality of the threads you've initiated, or lack thereof, perhaps you should devote more time to trying to be creative, rather than being a nit picking whiner.   You've proven that you're good at being a nit picking whiner, you've yet to prove that you're capable of being a valued creative contributor.   I question your ability to do so.

Pat,
Relax, I've read a lot of your posts and enjoyed them. The thread about your fathers golfing stories was fascinating. I also read a thread that mentions that you are a cancer survivor. Truly remarkable and inspirational, winning a fight that many of our loved one have lost. Lighten up, enjoy the day.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

jeffwarne

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
From the "Patch" to the "Goat" with a whole lot of golf between. 

Now THAT would make a good book title-(with the content the stuff in between)

Thanks Chuck-you might be the only one besides me to have played both ;)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Bill_McBride

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »
Congratulations Jeff!

By the way, do you teach down south for the winter?   ;D.  I could really use some help..... :P

Marc Haring

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »
Has Tiger given you the call yet Jeff?
He needs to if he's seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1V2Kh64h8

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
Has Tiger given you the call yet Jeff?
He needs to if he's seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa1V2Kh64h8

I watched a couple videos of yours, Jeff.  Very nicely done.  All the best this New Year.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back