News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Comments on the Confidential Guide thread have me wondering if there is any one green on any course that is so good that it would be perfect to copy as a short game practice green.

Any suggestions. Photos welcome.

atb

Tom_Doak

Re: The best green on any course to copy for a short game practice area
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 05:40:41 PM »
Thomas:

There are probably lots of them, but to me a short game practice area should reflect the shots you'll face on the adjacent course.  What we built at Royal Melbourne is not what we would build in Scotland or Montana.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
For my two cents, the Wild Horse practice green is the best and most preparatory to the conditions on the course that I have experienced.  And the chipping, sand bunker and bump and running green adjacent is very good as well.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »
Former GCA-er (and practicing GCA) Jay Blasi designed, while working for RT Jones Jr., a short-game practice area for the Stanford golf teams that included several green complexes  designed "in the style of" several notable GCAs, including Ross and Mackenzie.

http://stanfordmensgolf.com/facilities.htm
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 06:00:21 PM by David_Tepper »

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
18th at Whistling Straits.

Segmentation allows golfers to practice different shots (high, low, sand, chipping, putting) and not intrude on each other.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back