News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Gary Daughters

Great Finish At Arrowhead Pointe
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:10:25 PM »
I just got back from a long weekend at Arrowhead Pointe on Lake Russell near Elberton, Georgia.   Teed off Friday at 4:30 and didn't see a human til a bass boat pulled up to #16 tee.  Finished at dark.  Walked again Saturday and bumped into one single who was several holes ahead. It's been awhile since I've heard a place so quiet.  But yeh ok it is rural Georgia.

Anyway, the course has a pretty spectacular finish, especially #16.

Tee in background across the hazard.  Big green sits way up.  It's a poke.
This is a quick test by the way:

This a medium length par 4 that curls left with the water line at a gentle but steady climb.

Sweet little par 3.  The sky changed a lot but it was basically warm and humid for October.

This is a long, dramatic hole.  It's where the guys pulled up in the boat.

This is up the left side of the fairway probably 280 yards?  Photobucket's driving me nuts.

[URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/garydaughters1/media/IMG_1564_zps15a5dce4.jpg.html]

Same spot different day:

This is pretty spectacular when you're there.  All you really hear, unless the wind's blowing, are fish jumping.

Same hole, higher handicappers tee:

This is one of those "back to the clubhouse" holes.  If feels as though they engineered some up by the green.  The breaker shaped bunker affects pretty much everything you might try to throw in there, and the lower right rear plateau is a nice touch for a finisher.  Now PB really has driven me crazy, so just one pic of this one.  Lovely course.  Wish they'd firm it up.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:52:34 PM by Gary Daughters »
THE NEXT SEVEN:  Alfred E. Tupp Holmes Municipal Golf Course, Willi Plett's Sportspark and Driving Range, Peachtree, Par 56, Browns Mill, Cross Creek, Piedmont Driving Club

A.G._Crockett

Re: Great Finish At Arrowhead Pointe
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:02:59 AM »
Great pictures of a great golf course.

Arrowhead Pointe is now #6 in Golfweek's Best Munis list.  I was there in July; we paid $35 and saw ONE other golfer all day.  It is shocking how many core golfers in Georgia have never even heard of the place!
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Billsteele

Re: Great Finish At Arrowhead Pointe
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
Mike Whittaker has told me that Pebble Beach is the Arrowhead Pointe of California.  ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back