News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Jeff_Brauer

250th Anniversary of 18 holes at TOC
« on: October 09, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
Sorry if I missed any discussion on it, but seems worth mentioning that last weekend was the 250th anniversary of converting TOC from 22 to 18 holes.  What architectural change has affected how golf is played more than that one?
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Ally Mcintosh

Re: 250th Anniversary of 18 holes at TOC
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 09:00:50 AM »
Sorry if I missed any discussion on it, but seems worth mentioning that last weekend was the 250th anniversary of converting TOC from 22 to 18 holes.  What architectural change has affected how golf is played more than that one?

You would have thought that they could have made that a big discussion / focus at the Dunhill considering it was at TOC last week...

...Even the people who don't really care about architecture would have seen that as a quirky talking point.

Kyle Henderson

Re: 250th Anniversary of 18 holes at TOC
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »
I thought Hawtree just built that course within the last couple of years.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back