News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: Of Where Do You Dream That Others May Not?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »
I'm currently jonesing for shorter, classic, interesting courses. Places like Victoria GC in Victoria British Columbia and Waverley in Portland are very much on my radar. 

Ben, I have played them both within the last couple of years.   Victoria is an absolute gem.  Waverly has been greatly improved by a major deforestation project, where you can stand up on the 3rd tee and see the river.  From what Mr. Kirk and Mr. Pittock told me, that was not possible in the past.   Lots of cool holes at both courses. 

David Stamm

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 04:16:39 PM »
Hard to mention a course that this bunch hasn't heard of.

I've never been there, but I sometimes will contemplate the solitude of Machrie. It must be beautiful and hauntingly isolated. One day.....

"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Jason Topp

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 12:03:49 AM »
I would really like to play the original course at Shanty Creek in Michigan - 6200 yards by William Diddel.  I do not think it gets much play - they had foot golf holes on the greens, but it looked like a great deal of fun and Mr. Muller at Crystal Downs said he thought it was the best course on the property.  If anyone wonders why new courses are long, difficult cart courses Shanty Creek demonstrates why that is the case. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back