News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RDecker

Looking for Feedback
« on: August 25, 2014, 07:06:13 PM »
The recent thread about Whitinsville vs. Dunes club got me to thinking about my own Ross 9 Holer and how it stacks up to the upper
tier 9's.  I played Whitinsville before the renovation and feel that my course holds it's own against that track.  I realize that a renovation by Gil Hanse is going to be hard to compete with but still would like a shot.  So here is my request... Anyone of you out there who lives in the Western part of New England or is willing to drive to the Berkshires and would like to play a scenic Ross 9 in the next few weeks (up to Thanksgiving really) please contact me and you can be my guest, all I ask in return is for feedback.

Mark Johnson

Re: Looking for Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 08:07:27 PM »
I'llbe there in late October.    thanks for the offer.   I'll PM you when the time gets closer

Sean Leary

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
I am guessing it is Wyantenuck and I hear that it is excellent...

RDecker

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »
No not Wyantenuck, which is great but not Ross or 9.  I'm the super at Greenock in Lee, MA. 

Sean Leary

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »
No not Wyantenuck, which is great but not Ross or 9.  I'm the super at Greenock in Lee, MA. 

Oops, for some reason I thought Ross did 9 of the 18 there...

RDecker

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »
No I think Banks was the known architect there for a couple holes.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 04:52:35 PM »
That's a wonderful offer Rob, I hope you get a 'crowd' of takers -  they won't be unhappy.

Edit:  The last time I played the course it was in impeccable condition, of course, the first time I played the course it was in impeccable condition.
Actually, the course has been in impeccable condition every time I've played it.

Keep up the good work.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 04:55:23 PM by Jim_Kennedy »
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

RDecker

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 08:08:18 PM »
Jim, thanks for the kind words.  I hope alot of takers contact me.  I really love getting feedback from people who see lots of good tracks and have the ability to judge the course honestly regardless of their score.  So often you only get praise from the guy who played well.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 10:35:44 AM »
Rob:
Thanks for the offer.  I'm going to be in Colrain this weekend and would love to take you up on your offer/request, but unfortunately won't have time for any golf.  Good luck,
Carl

RDecker

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 04:41:40 PM »
Carl, another time just let me know.  It may snow in Colrain so pack accordingly.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back