News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Sedona Golf Resort ( 1988, Panks) in Sedona, AZ Sold!
« on: January 18, 2021, 01:02:49 PM »

I've played there many times. Fun course. A good escape from the relentless summer heat in Phoenix.  Received this today:
As of January 7, 2021, Sedona Golf Resort has changed hands.  It was purchased by Allred Capital, LLLP.  The golf resort will now be self-managed, with Mike Allred overseeing the operations and management.  Other beautiful, Arizona properties also owned and managed by the Allred family include:  Rancho Manana Golf Club and Tonto Bar & Grill, in Cave Creek, Tubac Golf Resort in Tubac, and The Hermosa Inn and Lon’s Restaurant, in Paradise Valley.

https://sedonagolfresort.com/scorecard/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:05:17 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tom_Doak

Re: Sedona Golf Resort ( 1988, Panks) in Sedona, AZ Sold!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 02:00:12 PM »
I went and looked at that project as a potential job when I worked for the Dyes.  What a beautiful setting.  Have never gotten back to see what was built.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 02:11:27 PM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »
I played there a few days ago . Apparently, earlier in the week there was a passing storm that dropped about  3 inches of rain on the course. Needless to say,, the course was soaked and conditions were not so good. I should have taken pictures of fairways with deep tire tracks from maintenance vehicles.

The course is now affiliated with Troon management.  I did get my Troon Reward points.  ;D

astavrides

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 05:57:21 PM »
I played there a few days ago . Apparently, earlier in the week there was a passing storm that dropped about  3 inches of rain on the course. Needless to say,, the course was soaked and conditions were not so good. I should have taken pictures of fairways with deep tire tracks from maintenance vehicles.

The course is now affiliated with Troon management.  I did get my Troon Reward points.  ;D

Parts of it were really wet the one time I played it (an afternoon in Oct 2015). I had played nearby Oak Creek CC that same morning and it was in fine shape. Bad soil and/or drainage maybe?

Jason Thompson

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2021, 10:54:49 AM »
I played this course about several years ago and what stood out to me the most was the hole sequencing at the start. I remember this b/c I almost posted about it back then to get the opinions whose job it is actually building golf courses and anticipating slowdowns.

It starts with a short (borderline drivable) 4, followed by a “get out your camera 3”, then a reachable 5. I think the first 3 holes took nearly an hour and a half.

Sedona is one of my favorite spots in the world, but not a place I feel the need to lug my clubs with me; though Seven Canyons down the road is as picturesque as they come.

Anthony Gholz

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2021, 11:58:16 AM »
I vote for the site as one of the most beautiful golfing properties in the US.  And it was great fun to play.  And yes I took out my camera and probably held up play on the first three holes.

The nearby RTJ course was also on interesting property geology/geography wise, but not so great for golf.

Anthony

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back