News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Liddy

Guess the Golf Hole
« on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:41 AM »
I did this quick sketch recently and thought it would be fun to see if you can guess the golf hole. Winner gets dinner with Ran (you pay of course).

Matthew Essig

Re: Guess the Golf Hole
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »
That is a fantastic sketch!!!! Problem is I can't think of where that is.
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 10:38:06 AM »
Wow, it looks like Long Cove!
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 01:17:12 PM »
Tobacco Road #6.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 01:30:53 PM »
What, no signatures?

;)

Jim Eder

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 02:32:18 PM »
Tim,

That is one amazing sketch. I wish I had a hundredth of your talent. Very well done!! Thanks for sharing.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 02:41:43 PM »
Seriously Tim,

Is that a hand-drawn sketch or is it computer generated from a photograph?

If it is the former I congratulate you. It is good enough to be the latter!

Eric Smith

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 03:08:14 PM »
Heron Point in Sea Pines, hole #4

Brett Wiesley

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 03:55:15 PM »
Winged Foot East #6

Tim Liddy

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 06:42:32 PM »
Good guesses, but no prize yet.

Duncan,
Yes, it was drawn by hand, stressing values (only used 3) created by shadows and proportions as a guide. One good art class and you could do it. Plus you will learn much about golf course architecture when observing it in this matter. If I used a computer it would have many more values (probably 9) and better proportions (more accurate), but it would be a bit stiff, photographical.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
#7 at Long Cove. Fwy line had moved at one point to wrap around the bunker...at least when I was there.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 10:29:08 PM »
Anybody notice the 2 sheep in the background?
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tom_Doak

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 10:44:07 PM »
#7 at Long Cove. Fwy line had moved at one point to wrap around the bunker...at least when I was there.

Damn, I thought it looked familiar.  I would have thought the mound running along the back left would be a bit taller relative to the height of the bunkers though.

Tim Liddy

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 10:54:44 PM »
We have a winner! Good eye Tony, although it helped that you worked there for a few years.  I will try and do another next week.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 11:06:30 PM »
... One good art class and you could do it. ...

Actually, for some of us, one good art class tells us to do something else with our lives.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

RJ_Daley

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 11:27:37 PM »
Tim, my apologies for my post #3, as it was a bit tongue in cheek.  You see, I have never been to Long Cove, and only know how to right click on a photo and inspect the element, which is the link to your photo bucket where it seems you named it Long Cove2.  But I agree, it is a very nice drawing.  8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back