News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Erik Mosley

Re: 2014 Open Championship - Get your Predictions in
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »
Angel Cabrera beats Miguel Angel Jimenez, Sergio Garcia, and Henrik Stenson in a playoff.

Bill Shamleffer

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 06:12:50 PM »
Will who ever picked Louis Oosthuizen to win The Open in 2010 just give us their prediction this week and all the rest of us will realize we have no idea WHO might win this Open, other than that the eventual winner does have a tee time at Royal Liverpool tomorrow and is between the ages of 19 to 59.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

jeffwarne

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 07:17:54 PM »
Well 3 months ago I picked Tiger on the thread where  many said he would be out for a year or more.
So I'll pick Rory
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Bill Gayne

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:22 PM »
Adam Scott to win
Tiger top ten
Projected US Ryder Cuppers: Bubba Watson, Jimmy Walker, Dustin Johnson, Furyk, and Dufner all to miss the cut.
The Mechanic will be the oldest to make the cut.

Matthew Lloyd

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2014, 08:51:12 PM »
sometimes the too-obvious pick can be the correct one: Justin Rose

hope Woods misses the cut would rather see Mickelson miss the cut than be a non-factor on the weekend (too frustrating to watch TV cover guys heavily when they're not in contention)

expecting to see an international emphasis in the top 10 with garcia, scott, mcdowell et al. the usual suspects.

i'm counting on a more "elite" leaderboard than the one served up at the US Open

Brent Hutto

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »

hope Woods misses the cut would rather see Mickelson miss the cut than be a non-factor on the weekend (too frustrating to watch TV cover guys heavily when they're not in contention)

expecting to see an international emphasis in the top 10 with garcia, scott, mcdowell et al. the usual suspects.

i'm counting on a more "elite" leaderboard than the one served up at the US Open

If Martin Kaymer has a high finish, will he count as one of the "elite" on the leaderboard? Or is being German a bar on "elite" status even with two majors?

Matthew Lloyd

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2014, 11:39:53 PM »

If Martin Kaymer has a high finish, will he count as one of the "elite" on the leaderboard? Or is being German a bar on "elite" status even with two majors?

Hahahaha yes definitely. That wouldn't be a surprise. In fact, I'm still waiting for Langher to win another major so Id still put him in the elite category as well

BHoover

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2014, 04:26:03 AM »
I know this prediction will fail, but I think Sergio's time has come. Because he will fail, I'll also pick Adam Scott to erase his meltdown at Lytham.

rboyce

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »
In the first ten minutes of watching I saw Stenson break an iron over his knee, Azinger refer to the Claret Jug as the Wanamaker Trophy, and Tiger exclaim, "son of God" as cameramen repeatedly snapped pictures during his swing. My prediction: fun.

And Tiger used the other term for son of God.

J_ Crisham

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2014, 09:03:44 AM »
Tiger by 5

Matthew Essig

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2014, 09:14:22 AM »
To be in the top 10 of 2006, you had to tear apart the par 5's. I am expecting more of the same this year. Bombers, if they can hit the fairway, will be in the mix.

This means players like Scott, Stenson, Rory, DJ, etc
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Garland Bayley

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »
Misc:            T. Watson and Tiger make the cut on the number; play together Sunday

Looks like Tom is on the number. Waiting for Tiger to further implode.
;)

Wow, implode he did. Now he has to birdie 18 to make it on the number.

Bingo, you got it Howard! Or shall we call you Carnack the Magnificent?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 02:12:26 PM by GJ Bailey »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Howard Riefs

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
Misc:            T. Watson and Tiger make the cut on the number; play together Sunday

Looks like Tom is on the number. Waiting for Tiger to further implode.
;)

Wow, implode he did. Now he has to birdie 18 to make it on the number.

Voila.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Rob Curtiss

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 02:13:12 PM »
RORY-RORY-RORY

looking like a 3rd major might be in his future

Eric_Terhorst

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »
Winner:       McDowell
Top 5:         Garcia, McIlroy, Fowler, Bjorn
Misses cut:   Bubba, Luke, Westwood, Poulter, Snedeker
Misc:            T. Watson and Tiger make the cut on the number; play together Sunday

Howard, that's some good prognosticating all around, except that McDowell will probably have to knee-cap his countryman to win. 

Please predict where the S&P 500 will be on Dec. 31  :)

Howard Riefs

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2014, 04:02:17 PM »
Winner:       McDowell
Top 5:         Garcia, McIlroy, Fowler, Bjorn
Misses cut:   Bubba, Luke, Westwood, Poulter, Snedeker
Misc:            T. Watson and Tiger make the cut on the number; play together Sunday

Howard, that's some good prognosticating all around, except that McDowell will probably have to knee-cap his countryman to win. 

Please predict where the S&P 500 will be on Dec. 31  :)

Thanks, Eric. The "misses cut" would have been perfect if Luke and Sneds took an extra shot instead of finished on the cut line.

I agree that Graeme better do something special as Rory's game looks quite sharp.

I wish that my handicapping extended to the stock market.  Then I'd be dangerous.   

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back