News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Hissey

Lido Golf Club rumors
« on: June 24, 2014, 04:27:50 PM »
I would be very interested, and very appreciative of any rumors of original information on the Lido Golf Club that may or may not exist. In order to establish whether this golfing gem could actually be recreated, it is essential to pull in every scrap of evidence about the course and to piece it together as best as possible.

Regardless of how simple or obvious the lead might be, I would love to hear about it.

Any help you can give would be hugely appreciated.

DMoriarty

Re: Lido Golf Club rumors
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 04:32:09 PM »
What do you have so far?

Have you tried the search function?
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Mark Hissey

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
1. Lots, but not enough.

2. Stop please. My sides are splitting.

DMoriarty

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:22:49 AM »
With respect, Mark, it might make a lot more sense for you to specifically identify what "scraps of evidence" you have already put together, so the rest of us don't have to reinvent the wheel trying to help you.

As for the search engine, it may not be perfect but it can be a very useful tool with a little patience.  There have been scores of threads on the Lido, some with articles and photographs.  Digging into that information would probably be a good start.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

David_Elvins

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:44 AM »
Lido is the Italian word for beach. 
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Mark Hissey

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »
With respect, Mark, it might make a lot more sense for you to specifically identify what "scraps of evidence" you have already put together, so the rest of us don't have to reinvent the wheel trying to help you.

As for the search engine, it may not be perfect but it can be a very useful tool with a little patience.  There have been scores of threads on the Lido, some with articles and photographs.  Digging into that information would probably be a good start.

Good points. Thank you. I'm sure this will develop in time and I'll be in touch with a more organized description of what we have shortly.

Howard Riefs

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Nigel Islam

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:13:54 PM »
Was Lido public or private?

Howard Riefs

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:23:46 PM »
Interesting older thread on Lido that includes routing sketches, links to articles and insight from George Bahto:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,35406.0.html

"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back