News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Hillenbrand

Re: St. Louis C.C. - Curtis Cup
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »
No I was not there. I do love the club and would have joined had I been qualified. It really is a great place in every respect.

And by qualified you mean your family came here on the Mayflower......

Jim Nugent

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 12:09:20 AM »
Ryan's right.  SLCC is NOT one of those clubs anyone with money can join, quickly or otherwise.  The story around St. Louis used to go that the Bush family founded Sunset CC (another St. Louis area CC/golf course) because SLCC wouldn't let them join. 

I caddied at both...

Buck Wolter

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 02:41:57 PM »
Ryan's right.  SLCC is NOT one of those clubs anyone with money can join, quickly or otherwise.  The story around St. Louis used to go that the Bush family founded Sunset CC (another St. Louis area CC/golf course) because SLCC wouldn't let them join. 

I caddied at both...
I think the Walker/Bush's have always been in -- the Anheuser/Busch's took a long time.

My favorite random fact is that the pool is chilled rather than heated -- that and the driving range is also a polo field.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Jim Nugent

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
Thanks for the correction, Buck. 

I saw a polo match there once, or part of it anyway. 

Nigel Islam

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2014, 03:35:01 PM »
Everybody was really nice to me the day I played there. I had the best caddy I've ever had too. Terrific course. Defintely one that you could play every day and not tire of it.

Scott McWethy

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2014, 05:09:34 PM »
What a beautiful golf course.  A lot of similarities to Chicago Golf Club, except this land is quite hilly.  Love seeing these classic courses on high def. television.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2014, 05:26:41 PM »
I usually watch golf on good courses with tbe 3-d conversion option.  Some 3-d effects look better course to course than others...don't know why.  But, the SLCC shows 3-d just about the best I can remember viewing.  All the MacRaynor features, slopes, ridges, contours, edges look great! 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Matthew Rose

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2014, 07:19:45 PM »
My brother always told me you couldn't join it; you had to be born into it.

Looks really awesome on TV.
American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back