News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank Sekulic

Minneapolis Area choices.
« on: June 04, 2014, 01:41:08 PM »
I am going to be in Edina/Minneapolis the last week of July and am looking for somewhere to play. Outside of Edinburgh and Bunker Hills, I can't think of anywhere of note.

Any suggestions?

Matthew Sander

Re: Minneapolis Area choices.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »
StoneRidge (Stillwater) and Chaska Town Course (Chaska) were two of my favorite publics while living in Minneapolis. You should also check to see when Keller GC (Maplewood) reopens after their renovations. Hopefully some of the locals can chime in with accurate info re: Keller.

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:28 PM »
Rush Creek in Maple Grove and The Wilds and The Legends in Prior Lake are also worth a play, probably in that order. Keller still has not announced when it will re-open, but it could be by the end of July.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

John Connolly

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 01:57:44 PM »
I've played Minikahda several times and it is a Ross/Prichard gem. A surprisingly rolling and undulating layout with beautiful bunkering awaits anyone lucky enough to play. The terrace overlooks the beautiful Lake Calhoun making for a great 19th hole. Full of charm and challenge.
"And yet - and yet, this New Road will some day be the Old Road, too."

Neil Munroe (1863-1930)

Shane Wright

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 04:06:49 PM »
Frank - There are lots of great private options and some really good public options.  On the public side, coming from out of town, if I had two rounds, I would pick Stoneridge and Keller (if it is open). 

J.D. Griffith

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:59:55 PM »
Earlier this spring, the tentative re-opening date at Keller was June 28th.  

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 07:11:38 PM »
Official opening date for Keller is Saturday, July 19th.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »
I'll definitely check it out before the season is over.  Probably Sept.  I hope we'll get some photo tours when TC guys start playing there. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

PCCraig

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
Frank,

There are a ton of really good private options in the Twin Cities, but the two best options for public courses in the area are Keller and Stoneridge. Both are on the east side of town. Troy Burne is also good, but that's a bit of a hike over the river in Wisconsin.
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back