News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Hetzel

Re: Arcadia Bluffs vs. Forest Dunes
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 08:31:10 AM »
Here are a few pictures of Forest Dunes for you Ben….after going back and looking through my pictures I feel like the sand bunkers look out of place on the holes that have the more natural looking waste areas. They seem to contradict each other visually. Not that it matters all that much to me, but Forest Dunes was the most manicured course out of all 408 that I have played .

Best Played So Far This Season:
Crystal Downs CC (MI), The Bridge (NY), Canterbury GC (OH), Lakota Links (CO), Montauk Downs (NY), Sedge Valley (WI)

Nigel Islam

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »
Wow, Richard the pics look awesome.

Andy Shulman

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
I played both courses for the first time about a year ago.  I thoroughly enjoyed them both, but Arcadia is on a far more dramatic piece of property, with or without the lake.  And, probably as a result, I recall more holes from Arcadia than from Forest Dunes.  Finally, Forest Dunes, while a cut above most courses of its type, does have a lot of similarities to many courses I've played in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic.  For all of those reasons - and taking $$$ and walkability out of the equation - I'd play AB again before FD.

Andy Shulman

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 11:43:22 PM »
P.S. - Kudos to Bob for playing both in the same day.  For those that haven't visited that part of Michigan, that's about 2 1/2 hour of driving between courses!

Nigel Islam

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2014, 01:12:17 PM »
P.S. - Kudos to Bob for playing both in the same day.  For those that haven't visited that part of Michigan, that's about 2 1/2 hour of driving between courses!

I was wondering about that when I saw his post.

Roger Wolfe

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 03:34:31 PM »
We were up there in 2010 and a fire prevented us from playing Forest Dunes... the kind folks at Crystal Downs let us play there instead.  Sad to miss FD... but Crystal was really special.  Thank you God.

Matthew Lloyd

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »
I also feel the conditioning at FD is unique and to date is the best conditioned course I have ever played.

I feel the exact same way.  In fact, the one time I played Forest Dunes the course was being aerated and I STILL feel that way. That's how great the conditioning was.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back