News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Joey Chase

Re: Best Traditions of the Game
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2014, 03:04:31 PM »
  Although I have only experienced it once, and a year ago at that, the golf at Morfontaine is interesting.  We played the main course in the morning, followed by a killer pork roast with a nice bottle of margaux or two.  After the nice long lunch we went out and played skins on the Valliere course in the afternoon.  Our host said that this was how they would traditionally spend the day. 

Maybe it isn't necessary every day but, I would challenge you not to find something enchanting about that!  The one regret about this is not enjoying the star of the place, the Valliere, enough. 

This is somewhat similar to the 36 hole experience that is unsurpassed at Muirfield. 

Josh Stevens

« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »
The british do seem to make an artform of the 36 holer day out with roast lunch, claret and treakle pudding for lunch.

I recall one at swinley. Morning singles then epic lunch. Stumbled out later for the afternoon foursomes pissed as crickets. Could barely stand. Partner and i then played likd champions, walking off the 12th green 1 under the card, but then sobered up.

There are no water founfains out the back of swinley and we crawled home heads thumping about a million over par.

More water fountains please.

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2014, 02:04:17 AM »
What's wrong with the one by the 16th tee?
Cave Nil Vino

Josh Stevens

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2014, 02:58:34 AM »
Now you tell me.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back