News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re: Sleepy Hollow or Quaker Ridge?
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
Jonathan,

That's one hell of a gauntlet  ;D

Tom Birkert

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 10:19:58 AM »
I think it’s going to be Sleepy Hollow for us. I am a sucker for pretty views (and I love template holes).

Thank you all for the feedback. Quaker Ridge will stay on the list for a future trip!

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
   Casual /fun round, It's Sleepy

To conduct a competition on, best test of every club in the bag and placement off the tee, it's Quaker, no doubt in my mind
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Jonathan Sirois

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 10:44:18 AM »
Jonathan,

That's one hell of a gauntlet  ;D

Haha. Prior to my post, I had recently read the 2013 Hochster Tournament stats. The front nine boasts the first, third, fourth, fiifth and sixth most difficult holes (according to scoring average). I caddied in it last year and was able to witness the carnage (relatively speaking) first hand.

http://www.hochsterqrgc.org/tournament-stats/

The set up for the Hochster is a more than a stern test. The last time par was broken was back in 1998 by Jerry Courville, Jr. (137). Other than that, George Zahringer III is the only fellow to do it in recent memory, with an impressive four finishes under par in the late 80s and early 90s.

http://www.hochsterqrgc.org/past-champions/
Pining for the fairways.

Jonathan Sirois

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 10:45:16 AM »
   Casual /fun round, It's Sleepy

To conduct a competition on, best test of every club in the bag and placement off the tee, it's Quaker, no doubt in my mind

I wholeheartedly agree.
Pining for the fairways.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back