News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Terry Lavin

GCA Play Day at Beverly CC July 8, 2014
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »
As previously mentioned, Andrew Lewis and I are setting up a play day at Beverly on Tuesday, July 8th.  This is held in conjunction with an event where a member can bring up to 19 guests, so it's set up a little later in the day with a shotgun start at 3:00, followed by cocktails and dinner.  The cost is $160 per player, payable in cash on the date of the event, which includes golf, cart as well as dinner and beverages after golf.  Caddies are extra.  Our superintendent, Kirk Spieth, will play with our group and is more than willing to chat anybody up about the course.  We will ask Kirk to make a few remarks before dinner as well.  Hopefully the late start will allow everybody to get some work done before golf.  There will probably be 100 or so players total in the event, so it should be a fun party after we play.  Feel free to reply to the thread or send a PM to me or Andrew to indicate your interest in playing.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

BHoover

Re: GCA Play Day at Beverly CC July 8, 2014
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »
I'd be interested in playing. But if you envision this as being more of an event for those in the Chicago area, I understand. I also would need to check my calendar to make sure I can get away from work for a couple days.  Despite all that, I'd still be interested in playing. 

Terry Lavin

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 01:46:25 PM »
This is come one, come all.  We've done these before and people come from all over, since Chicago is easy to fly into.  In that vein, flying into Midway is really easy, since it's a 15 minute drive max to get to Beverly.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Mark Smolens

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »
IN. Can I bring friends not on the Board?

Terry Lavin

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 03:30:28 PM »
IN. Can I bring friends not on the Board?

Sure.

Dan Kettler

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »
PM sent with my interest.  What a generous offer!

Terry Lavin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »
Early Returns:

T. Lavin
A. Lewis
K. Spieth
N. Johnston
R. Hillenbrand
J. Shelman
B. Hoover (maybe)
M. Smolens +1?
D. Kettler +1
M. Sander
J. Tigerman
B. Shannon
H. King of the Links
B. Seitz
A. Fowler
D. Moore
J. McCarthy
J. Tang
Hon. Richard J. Daley

I'm guessing/hoping we will get 7 or 8 foursomes, so get on the train, Wayne...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:29:12 PM by Terry Lavin »

Mark McKeever

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 03:57:26 PM »
I hope Colbert joins the festivities.  He probably needs a couple of practice rounds before the upcoming Western.   ;) ;D
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Rob Curtiss

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 04:22:45 PM »
Too bad I dont live in Chicago anymore- Looks like you guys have some great events planned between this and Black Sheep.

Great offer Terry!!

Jud_T

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »
Pencil me in as a definite maybe.  Thanks for hosting!
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Terry Lavin

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2014, 04:45:57 PM »
Too bad I dont live in Chicago anymore- Looks like you guys have some great events planned between this and Black Sheep.

Great offer Terry!!

We will catch your act in August...

Edward Moody

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
Terry - I'm planning on seeing Bev for the first time in early June.  Very much looking forward to it.

BShannon

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »
Terry/Andrew,

Thank you for the generous offer. Please count me in. Can't wait!

Terry Lavin

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »
Here's hoping we get some traffic from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Wisconsin.

Brian Finn

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2014, 07:10:18 PM »
Boy, I am really sorry that I will miss both this and Black Sheep.  I would have loved to be part of the Ohio contingent coming up.  Unfortunately, I am traveling on both of those dates.   :(  >:(

Two incredibly generous offers.  Kudos to the welcoming folks that are arranging these events. 

Hopefully someone will share a few photos and stories to let us know what we missed out on!

New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Philip Caccamise

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 10:07:39 PM »
May be going home to NY that week but if I am not I would like to make it. Thank you for the offer.

Bill Seitz

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 12:09:37 AM »
Count me in for now, Terry. Thanks for offering this again.

Connor Dougherty

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 03:21:28 AM »
Put me as a maybe, I will try to get more concrete details on what I'm doing in a week or two
"The website is just one great post away from changing the world of golf architecture.  Make it." --Bart Bradley

Andrew Buck

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 09:10:22 AM »
What a great offer.  If there is still a spot available as the date approaches, I hope to make it.  Right now the work and home schedule seem to be filling at a rate that may prevent another golf day. 

Jason Thurman

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »
Unfortunately, the go-live date for the project I've been managing for the last year at work is on July 8th. We're in the home stretch and there are a lot of items to keep track of, so it's possible that I could totally drop the ball and get fired between now and then. If that happens, I'll be at Beverly. But it probably won't...

It's a great offer though, and I always love playing golf with the Chicago contingent. I wish I could make it.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Russ Arbuthnot

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2014, 09:52:06 AM »
Wish I could do this. Beverly looks exactly like the kind of club I would love. I've been driving Detroit to Chicago every other week recently, and while I was able to play Sydney Marovitz one morning a couple of weeks ago, it's been tough to get any other play in.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2014, 10:02:13 AM »
Wish I could do this. Beverly looks exactly like the kind of club I would love. I've been driving Detroit to Chicago every other week recently, and while I was able to play Sydney Marovitz one morning a couple of weeks ago, it's been tough to get any other play in.

That's okay RA, people often place Bev and Waveland in the same class  ;D

Russ Arbuthnot

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »
Ha. I obviously wasn't trying to say that.

Dan Moore

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2014, 05:18:51 PM »
I'm in. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

John McCarthy

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »
In.  That is if they allow the Irish. 
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back