News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jud_T

Re: GCA Play Day at Beverly CC July 8, 2014
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
Or an early round at Ridge CC, located a few miles from the Bev. Known locally as the Tavern With the Nice Backyard, it's a good combo. The Bev-Ridge.

In!!  Though a quickie at Jackson Park wold be fun and even more historic than the 2 prior nominees.

I think quickie and Jackson Park are mutually exclusive phrases mid summer, unless of course you're referring to night putting.

Based upon information and belief, I assume.

The sad part is I spent 2 years at U of Chicago and never knew Jackson Park was just down the street. 
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jud_T

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2014, 09:37:53 AM »
Jud:  Hizzoner was fantastic.  The night I went the theater (Prop) was packed and half the crowd was the sort of bungelow belt Irish that were the voting block of the man himself.  You should be very proud of yourself.  My wife is the theater nerd of the family  but I am not sure if I have seen a better play.

Thanks. It was fun.  Neil and I are old friends from camp, so helping him out with this project was a pleasure.  Actually not entirely off topic as the Bev is perhaps the quintessential Chicago club.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

RJ_Daley

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »
Best keep me out of the foursome as I'll likely ask why he never had the balls to see "Hizzoner", which I co-produced:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/26/theater/26mayn.html?_r=0

I wish I would have known about that play.  Did it ever travel to other venues?  I'm assuming you were speaking of young Richie's ball sack, as it would be a hoot for me, as I have followed the machine politics with great amusement for 50 years!  I have to admit I only saw a half dozen plays in my life, however of a culturally deficient indictment that that may be.   :-\

With $hmidty in, would it be too much to hope for that the other old guard Chicago GCA legal contingent to attend, so that we all have adequate representation in the evening blarney chambers procedings? ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jud_T

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2014, 04:30:19 PM »
RJ,

It played several places in town, including the Beverly Arts Center funnily enough, but it never made sense for a play about da mayor to leave Chicago.

Phil McDade

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2014, 12:31:35 PM »
By any chance, might there be room for a newbie?

Well, well -- look who's back. I hope you haven't been re-instated on the promise of good behavior. ;D

Joel Pear

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »
If there is still room, I'd love to join you guys.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »

Glad to have you.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Terry Lavin

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2014, 08:13:23 PM »
Lineup:

J. Kang
T. Lavin
A. Lewis
K. Spieth
N. Johnston
J. Shelman
M. Smolens +1
D. Kettler
M. Sander
J. Tigerman
B. Shannon
H. Riefs
B. Seitz
A. Fowler
D. Moore
J. McCarthy
J. Tang
R. Daley
M. Demetriou
G. Freeman  
D. Schmidt
J. Pear
R. Holland
S. Salmen

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 12:17:09 PM by Terry Lavin »
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Joel Pear

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2014, 08:49:33 PM »

Glad to have you.

Terrific, looking forward to it.

Steve Salmen

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2014, 08:11:47 AM »
Jackson Park is just fine except for the vast quantity of goose poop.  One time I even threw my shoes away after the round.

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »
Bumping this to say that we still have a few spots available for anybody else who would like to join.

Also, if any attendees are interested in playing hickories please post to the thread or PM me, and I'll set the groups accordingly.

Cheers, Andrew

Terry Lavin

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2014, 09:52:34 AM »
Bumping this to say that we still have a few spots available for anybody else who would like to join.

Also, if any attendees are interested in playing hickories please post to the thread or PM me, and I'll set the groups accordingly.

Cheers, Andrew

And you'll represent, no doubt, that the wooden stick bunters play just as fast as the rest of the field?

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »

Cheers, Andrew

And you'll represent, no doubt, that the wooden stick bunters play just as fast as the rest of the field?

Probably faster, Your Honor. Probably faster...

Terry Lavin

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2014, 08:26:04 PM »
That response is as predictable as the sound of the bucket boys all summer long.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2014, 12:48:41 AM »
I'm looking forward to it.

I'll be bringing my titanium and graphite, however.

Mark Smolens

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2014, 10:07:39 AM »
Andrew and Terry,

In addition to my buddy Rich Fray (already joining us), another couple of friends, Larry Featherstone and Brian Coffman, are in if there's a spot still left for them. Thanks again for hosting.

Mark

Jud_T

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2014, 10:15:15 AM »
Andrew,

I'll play hickories if I can make it.  Hell, once GCA's mystery club refurb shop gets done with 'em, they'll practically play themselves.  A strict McIntyre ball policy will be in effect however if you expect the loser to buy drinks....

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »
In an effort to keep the "in" list current, we are now at 29 people.  I believe we have 3 more spots available.

T. Lavin
A. Lewis
K. Spieth
N. Johnston
J. Shelman
M. Smolens +3
D. Kettler
M. Sander
J. Tigerman
B. Shannon
H. Riefs
B. Seitz
A. Fowler
D. Moore
J. McCarthy
J. Tang
R. Daley
M. Demetriou
G. Freeman 
D. Schmidt
J. Pear
R. Holland
S. Salmen
J. Kang +1
J. Shelman

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »
Andrew,

I'll play hickories if I can make it.  Hell, once GCA's mystery club refurb shop gets done with 'em, they'll practically play themselves.  A strict McIntyre ball policy will be in effect however if you expect the loser to buy drinks....

Sounds good, Jud.  Just remember to bring your wallet :)

Andrew Buck

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 11:28:46 AM »
In an effort to keep the "in" list current, we are now at 29 people.  I believe we have 3 more spots available.

T. Lavin
A. Lewis
K. Spieth
N. Johnston
J. Shelman
M. Smolens +3
D. Kettler
M. Sander
J. Tigerman
B. Shannon
H. Riefs
B. Seitz
A. Fowler
D. Moore
J. McCarthy
J. Tang
R. Daley
M. Demetriou
G. Freeman 
D. Schmidt
J. Pear
R. Holland
S. Salmen
J. Kang +1
J. Shelman

I would like to make it, I'm at 90% and should be able to give amble notice if something in my work schedule changes, so sign me up. 

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2014, 01:33:17 PM »
Updated again to add A Buck and only single-list J Shelman.  Holding steady at 29.

T. Lavin
A. Lewis
K. Spieth
N. Johnston
J. Shelman
M. Smolens +3
D. Kettler
M. Sander
J. Tigerman
B. Shannon
H. Riefs
B. Seitz
A. Fowler
D. Moore
J. McCarthy
J. Tang
R. Daley
M. Demetriou
G. Freeman 
D. Schmidt
J. Pear
R. Holland
S. Salmen
J. Kang +1
A. Buck

Brian Joines

« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 02:53:09 PM »
I'm in with a plus one if there is still room.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 04:45:03 PM »
Can I add a +1 ?

Thanks.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Terry Lavin

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2014, 08:50:22 PM »

Terry Lavin

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »

Current Suspects (VIPs pending):

T. Lavin
A. Lewis
K. Spieth
N. Johnston
J. Shelman
M. Smolens +3
D. Kettler
M. Sander
J. Tigerman
B. Shannon
H. Riefs +1
B. Seitz
A. Fowler
D. Moore +1
J. McCarthy
J. Tang
R. Daley
M. Demetriou
G. Freeman  
D. Schmidt
J. Pear
R. Holland
S. Salmen
J. Kang +1
A. Buck
B. Joines +1
R. Potts

Up to 8 foursomes with a little room left.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:11:49 AM by Terry Lavin »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back