News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Taylor

GCA referenced on golf.com....!
« on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »
GCA is referenced on golf.com regarding Sawgrass and it's perceived short comings... see the link:

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/martin-kaymer-wins-players-championship-tpc-sawgrass?sct=hp1

Their point: say what you want about the course, but it makes for great TV.

Matthew Essig

Re: GCA referenced on golf.com....!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 12:01:27 PM »
Shots Fired!!!

Although it is hard to argue their point; the finish does make for great TV.
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Terry Lavin

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »
I've gone there on a couple guys trips and we had a great time, mainly because we didn't really care what we shot and we were happy to play a course that bedevils the pros.  It really is quintessentially a course to challenge professional golfers.  I can't really think of any other course where a nine-iron tee shot on the penultimate hole occupies a spot in a player's head the way the one at Sawgrass does.  TPC should stand for "Tour Pressure Chamber".  Well done, Pete and Alice Dye.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tom Allen

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 03:33:19 PM »
I went on Thursday, and really want to play the course now.  (Well, I did before, too).  Fun tournament.

Jon Cavalier

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 04:19:55 PM »
I've played Sawgrass, and while it is certainly not without its architectural shortcomings, it is undeniably a fun course to play with a group of buddies (especially a group of guys who would get a thrill out of playing a course they saw on TV).  They're almost guaranteed to go home with a handful of "hero" shots that they'll remember (while forgetting the 7 balls they lost).  The par 5s in particular are a fun set, especially the two on the back nine.  And if you play well from the proper tees, you can score there.

So while it isn't a course that I would want to play everyday, its probably a course that no one would regret playing once.
Golf Photos via
Twitter: @linksgems
Instagram: @linksgems

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back