News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave McCollum

Re: Changes at Quail Hollow
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »
How would you feel as a member of this club that every couple of years shuts down for months for vanity cosmetic surgery?  Augusta envy is one thing, actual imitation is another.   

BHoover

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 05:19:17 PM »
How would you feel as a member of this club that every couple of years shuts down for months for vanity cosmetic surgery?  Augusta envy is one thing, actual imitation is another.   

If I had a problem with this, I would not be a member of the club.

Dave McCollum

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 01:16:31 AM »
All my members would go elsewhere.  They want to play golf, not erect status symbols.

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2016, 05:11:53 AM »
All my members would go elsewhere.  They want to play golf, not erect status symbols.

Many of their members have other places to play in town and throughout the US, so it's not that big of a deal.
Considering aerification, transition from heavy overseed, weather and putting the course back together after the event, the summer months probably aren't stacked with golf anyways.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Kalen Braley

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2016, 12:12:02 PM »
I always figured North Carolina was one of the few eastern States in the butter zone where they can play year-round golf in reasonably decent weather conditions...aka not too cold, not too hot.

But as Anthony says, I suspect there aren't many 1-club-only members at QH!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back