News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Connolly

Augusta National, Protracer and the Blimp New
« on: April 14, 2014, 06:23:18 PM »
I've researched threads so please don't scold  :P .

Protracer is a great piece of technology that ANGC seems to want no part of. What gives? Too much conflict with the "no technology allowed" mantra? It's a shame - can you imagine how cool the T ball on 13 would look?

Also, why no blimp coverage? They don't need the cash I suppose. And maybe they don't like the "nakedness" of the views? Maybe it's the inability to control the views? Maybe all of the above.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:21:36 PM by John Connolly »
"And yet - and yet, this New Road will some day be the Old Road, too."

Neil Munroe (1863-1930)

Jason Topp

Re: Augusta National Protracer and the Blimp
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 06:24:51 PM »
I saw a pro-tracer of Bubba's tee ball,.  Was it added later?

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:34:18 PM »
John,

Unless you're one of the three sponsors, a blimp with your name on it isn't going to hover above ANGC during the tournament.

Matt Bielawa

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:35:48 PM »
Pat's point carries over to the ProTracer too....though I agree that it would be sort of cool.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:14:15 PM by Matt Bielawa »

David Kelly

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »
Also, why no blimp coverage? They don't need the cash I suppose. And maybe they don't like the "nakedness" of the views? Maybe it's the inability to control the views? Maybe all of the above.

I'm sure they're not keen on letting the viewers at home get a clear picture of the ambiance surrounding the AGNC property.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Dwight Phelps

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 08:50:51 PM »

I'm sure they're not keen on letting the viewers at home get a clear picture of the ambiance surrounding the AGNC property.

This. I, for one, was SHOCKED when I finally looked at ANGC on Google Earth and realized that Augusta CC is yards away from amen corner and appears to include a par 5 with Rae's creek passing in front of the green.  Don't think the club would want that on the broadcast for exclusivity of nothing else.
"We forget that the playing of golf should be a delightful expression of freedom" - Max Behr

Jason Thurman

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 09:31:53 PM »
One of the coolest things about Augusta is the way that the slopes of the property and trees around the playing corridors present a backdrop for watching the ball fly. While ProTracer would be cool, it's also less necessary at Augusta than any other course I can think of. The ball's flight is easier to see there than it is anywhere else on television.

Though admittedly, I would've loved to have seen Watson's drive on 8 or 13 traced.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

John Connolly

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »
As for Metlife sponshorship, I think if ANCG wanted blimp coverage, which they do not seem to desire, they'd probably make a deal, no? My guess is the sponshorship discussion never takes off because they don't want the shots. The couse's mystique, at least in the membership's mind, is lost when there's a waffle house seen around the corner, or something to that effect. Rae's creek not being ANCG's alone is a great illustration. Disneyworld keeps the service trucks underground.

Neil Munroe (1863-1930)

John Connolly

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 12:48:26 PM »
Shot tracer is being used on the 13th tee on the live stream. Think we can expect it on the TV coverage? Was this the first year it's been on shown on the live stream?

Neil Munroe (1863-1930)

John McCarthy

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »
I do not recall seeing it before.  It is done very well in my opinion.  Also, they are calling it TrackMan, which should make the TrackMan people happy.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Keith Grande

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 03:54:29 PM »
They finally acquiesced... ;D

Will Spivey

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 04:16:37 PM »
I've been watching all morning on Apple TV (via the Masters App -- it's great!) and they've been using Pro Tracer on 13 all day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back