News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

OT: Hilarious photos found on GCA.com
« on: March 13, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
I love it when I come across a hidden gem like this one on here. ;D

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php?topic=38925.msg813136#msg813136

What are some others?

Jim Sherma

Re: OT: Hilarious photos found on GCA.com
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
As always, nothing will beat the rabbit.

Eric Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:27 PM »
Sheehy, if it's on the site, let's see it!

As always, nothing will beat the rabbit.

You're right there, Jim!

Here is the link to the thread and one of three photos of the rabbit in the thread.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,18015.msg319105.html#msg319105

Mike Hendren

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »
Eric, thanks for posting this pic from KPII at Lynn's clubhouse.  I appear to be refereeing a discussion between Tiger Bernhart and Jeff Fortson.  Gib and Lou look like a couple of younsters and as always Ace is ageless.  

The good ole' days were damn good.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Eric Smith

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 01:48:04 PM »
Eric, thanks for posting this pic from KPII at Lynn's clubhouse.  I appear to be refereeing a discussion between Tiger Bernhart and Jeff Fortson.  Gib and Lou look like a couple of younsters and as always Ace is ageless.  

Bogey

Wish I had been around in those days myself. And I love Lynn's humor on display in the sign above the counter. Priceless.

Is that really Lou though? I would swear on a stack of Bibles that's Mike Nuzzo!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »

Bogey

Wish I had been around in those days myself. And I love Lynn's humor on display in the sign above the counter. Priceless.

Is that really Lou though? I would swear on a stack of Bibles that's Mike Nuzzo!

Left to right:

Mike Nuzzo / Gib Papazian / Jeff Goldman / Neal Meagher (I think, he was there) / himself sporting long lost Cypress Point shirt / Mike Golden / The Fortsonator / Bogey Hendren / Tiger Bernhardt RIP. 

An august gathering.   

Norbert P

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 02:00:56 PM »
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Eric Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 02:21:37 PM »

Bogey

Left to right:

Mike Nuzzo / Gib Papazian / Jeff Goldman / Neal Meagher (I think, he was there) / himself sporting long lost Cypress Point shirt / Mike Golden / The Fortsonator / Bogey Hendren / Tiger Bernhardt RIP. 

An august gathering.   

Thank you for that, Bill. What do you think happened to the shirt?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »

Bogey

Left to right:

An august gathering.   

You don't have it?

Eric Smith

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »

You don't have it?

I probably could've fit in your shirt...in high school. ;D

Matthew Sander

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »

Sorry Mike,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl_Nny8TwNM

That is the greatest thing I've ever seen! The last little bounce off of his arm is perfection...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »

Sorry Mike,

Slagman, you take the cake!
I have never laughed so hard at something posted to this website.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Norbert P

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 03:13:02 PM »

Fee fi fo fum ! The giant Ambassador of Golf Fashion,  Kye Goalby, setting high standards in the Kingdom. . .

Coolest socks  . . . ever.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:21:47 PM by Norbert P »
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Mike Hendren

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 03:32:08 PM »
My bad - I thought The Nuze was still making rockets back then.
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Michael Essig

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 05:08:33 PM »

Sorry Mike,

That is painful to watch.

Please tell me, so that I know there is still mercy in this world, that he made the come-back-putt? :-\

What is that damage? 5 strokes (6 in the old days)? Initial putt, hitting a moving ball (2 stroke penalty), hitting yourself (now 1; but was 2), and the come-back?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 05:43:25 PM »
Anthony titled this a perfect 10.

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joe Hancock

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 08:04:26 PM »

You mean to tell me one can't be a GCA.com member AND make rockets? Now I guess one of my hobbies must go....
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

JC Jones

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 08:09:43 PM »

You mean to tell me one can't be a GCA.com member AND make rockets? Now I guess one of my hobbies must go....

The only rockets you can make are of the pocket variety.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 08:13:22 PM »

Oddly, I was just laughing at your "ass looking fat" comment on the other thread. Now it's a rocket.....Hurry up and move so we can plan a ridiculous putting green for you to lay on.....
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 09:04:02 PM »
Mike Young doing some hand waving like one of those "Signature Architects" :)

Eric Smith

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 10:54:39 PM »

Oddly, I was just laughing at your "ass looking fat" comment on the other thread. Now it's a rocket.....Hurry up and move so we can plan a ridiculous putting green for you to lay on.....

Joe,

JC was telling me about that green this afternoon.  I told him I think it's a GREAT idea. Would love to apply for an internship with you on the build. They don't call me the sand pro for nothing.

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »
Everybody who failed to record Pritchett's speech at Dixie Cup/Kinloch (myself included) hang your head in shame. :(

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 10:42:45 AM »
I somehow knew Mike Y would look good in yellow! Not that there's anything wrong with that. In fact, even in yellow he still bears a striking resemblance to NASCAR's David Pearson, 'the Silver Fox', and the only driver of his era who could more than hold his own against King Richard.

Peter

Jason Topp

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 11:03:46 AM »
This video from KPV was the first thing I could think of:

So Evan Fleisher, struggling mightily with his game all day long, joins Mark Arata, Jason Topp, and myself for one final hole, the 19th, to put an end to the suffering.

His ball comes to rest long of the green right against a basketball-sized rock bordering the grass.  No shot whatsoever (as you can see in this image...he's left handed, so he is aiming directly away from the hole)

It's the 19th hole and we're out there to have some fun, so he reaches into the bag of tricks and comes up with the "hit it directly into the rock to ricochet it onto the green directly behind him"

See for yourselves... (click the image to play)

Mac Plumart

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »
Night putting at The Bridge...

Cheech and Snooki...

Eric lining up his put at Wexford...

Joel...

Wade's tee ball...

Me having a BAD day on the course.

Eric at the end of a long day...

Pritchett's shot at Secession...Is that even possible?

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back