News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Golfs Missing Links
« on: March 12, 2014, 03:36:45 AM »
Just had a quick scan of this site which appears to be very well researched on GB&I NLE courses

www.golfsmissinglinks.co.uk
Cave Nil Vino

Rich Goodale

Re: Golfs Missing Links
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 08:33:31 AM »
Great find Mark, andThanks!

I've skimmed over the data base to check out courses I know something about, and the scholarship is generally impeccable, failing only (ocasionally) through omission rather than comission.  I'll bookmark this site for future interest.

Rich

Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

BCrosby

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:52:28 AM »
Mark -

I think the site has come up before here at GCA. It is worth bookmarking.

Bob

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 01:34:00 PM »
Valuable stuff - some errors and omissions in courses known to me and sometimes missed connections: Davenport, Mirrlees, Stockport for instance. But I'd rather they got the material out there. They are the only references I have been able to find to Hurdsfield and Marbury.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 06:06:33 PM »
Did I not mention recently that I'd been in touch with John with regard to some errors in the Fife courses section? He's certainly well aware of GCA!
Cheers,
M.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Scott Macpherson

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 05:58:15 AM »
Hi,

I think these guys have got a great site. I have enjoyed looking through it when I was researching my book on the Golf's Royal Club's. They are aware that their site is a work in progress and so delighted to be given new information. I would encourage GCA members to contribute to Golf's Missing Links when possible. It is my view that this site will become invaluable to future researchers as it grows.

Scott

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 06:29:00 AM »
Great looking site…

I had a quick flick through and thought of two that are missing from the list… The Addington New course does not seem to be there (maybe I missed it as it is quite a prominent one) and Tramore in Ireland originally played on a 9 hole links course before moving inland I believe…

Ally

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 05:11:46 PM »
Guys,
Defo drop John an email if you have changes. He really wants the site to be as accurate as possible.

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »
I pointed out a geographical mistake earlier today and got an acknowledgment very rapidly.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back