News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Re: Mt. Rushmore of GCA
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »

Forget about Mount Rushmore folks!

Think Trafalgar Square and which GCA should be on the 4th plinth?

Colt? Fowler? Old Tom Morris? Dr MacK? Park Jnr? Braid? Need care here, some of the statues might have to be moved to North of the Border come the aftermath of the referendum :)

atb

Rich Goodale

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
1.  Washington = Founder = Old Tom Morris
2.  Jefferson = Disciple = Ross
3.  Lincoln = Disruptor = Mackenzie
4.  Roosevelt (T) = Visionary = Dye

BTW, I'll be visiting Mt. Rushmore on my way to the 5th Major in June.  Anybody want to join me in a Cary Grant crawl in and out of the nostrils of great Presidents moment (viz. North by Northwest)......
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2014, 01:47:18 PM »
You guys have just given me a GREAT idea, and if I had the money and the moxie of a Donald Trump I might try to pull it off. As it is, I'll have to share it with the world and hope that someone richer and smarter than me can run with it. Okay, here it is, what do you think:

The Mount Rushmore Golf and Country Club!

Yes, a REPLICA course - the "the greatest Mt. Rushmore golf holes of all time, by the greatest Mt. Rushmore architects from the past and the present and from all around the world, together for the very first time ever all in one place, the 18 best and finest and most challenging golf holes ever designed, here at the number one golf course in the entire world, the Mount Rushmore Golf and Country Club".

Okay, call me a rube or a bumpkin, but I'd sure as heck travel to play THAT place. 

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »
I think it would take longer to decide what 18 holes to build than to actually build them.  ;D
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Dan Kelly

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 01:59:15 PM »
You guys have just given me a GREAT idea, and if I had the money and the moxie of a Donald Trump I might try to pull it off. As it is, I'll have to share it with the world and hope that someone richer and smarter than me can run with it. Okay, here it is, what do you think:

The Mount Rushmore Golf and Country Club!

Twin Cities painter (and very fine golfer, regularly shooting his age) Loyal "Bud" Chapman beat you to it!

"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2014, 02:41:02 PM »
there is a perfect place for a waterfall between Roosevelt and Lincoln

Steven Blake

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »
Pete,

So much for sustainability!

Steve Blake

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back