News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V. Kmetz

Re: If the golf car was never invented...
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 09:02:16 PM »
BM,

I would love to, Bill; I just play so little golf now (caddying 130/150 seasonal days)...I've played less than 200 holes in the past 3 years and one of the shames of my being is that I can't get to enjoy it more myself, and with people on this site who have extended unbelievably gracious invites.

but if you are in the Met Area (I live in Danbury, CT) Thursdays are usually my best day.  If I know in advance, I could possibly use some last bit of juice and get us on a nice track.

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Joe Sponcia

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
This is where I wish I had something pithy to say like Kavanaugh.  He could bring it all into perspective.
Joe

"If the hole is well designed, a fairway can't be too wide".

- Mike Nuzzo

Lyndell Young

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
Mike  I believe like you that we would have less courses and golfers. But maybe a different type of player, that would have been better for the longevity of the U.S. game. Carts are a revenue stream but they create many problems and expense for the course operator.1- Cart paths to construct and maintain ,2-damage to turf,3- Cart capital to purchase and maintain(200-300k) So maybe less gross revenue but I think more profit. But we are too far down that road to change. JMO

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2014, 11:10:04 PM »
BM,

I would love to, Bill; I just play so little golf now (caddying 130/150 seasonal days)...I've played less than 200 holes in the past 3 years and one of the shames of my being is that I can't get to enjoy it more myself, and with people on this site who have extended unbelievably gracious invites.

but if you are in the Met Area (I live in Danbury, CT) Thursdays are usually my best day.  If I know in advance, I could possibly use some last bit of juice and get us on a nice track.

cheers

vk

Thanks Vinnie.   Not my usual travel pattern.  Where do you work in the winter?   My nephew is a Scottsdale winter / Castle Pines summer guy. 

V. Kmetz

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2014, 01:37:50 PM »
Hi Bill,

I teach here in CT from Sept 1 - May 20 (with Christmas until Jan 20 off, and one week in March).

cheers

vk
"The tee shot must first be hit straight and long between a vast bunker on the left which whispers 'slice' in the player's ear, and a wilderness on the right which induces a hurried hook." -

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back